Author Topic: New to Pike ?  (Read 962 times)

Offline Bear32

• Team IceShanty Addict
New to Pike ?
« on: Mar 03, 2007, 12:37 PM »
Can someone give me some basic info as to what size hook and bait I should use. What depths I should fish etc. I would be using single hooks not trebs due to the fact I don't plan on keeping any. Thanks for any tips you can give, I'm new to the hardwater and looking for all the help I can get...
                                                                                                     Thanks!

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
Re: New to Pike ?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2007, 04:56 PM »
I use size 1 gamagatsu octopus (circle hooks), medium or large golden shiners, if your fishing off points or islands go shallow less then 10fow and even in as little as 3fow, weed beds are great spots I usualy try and locate channels running thru them or set up around the bed it self, I do this by jigging around and seeing if I pull up weeds or not. The shallower the water I set a tip up in the closer to the ice I put my bait. For example if I'm in 10-fow I set my bait down about 3-5 feet if I'm in 5 fow I put it  1-2 feet down, less than 5fow l stick just below the hole. If its legal where you fish try jigging up small perch to use for bait my experience is big pike can't turn them down.
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.