Author Topic: Just upgraded  (Read 954 times)

Offline hoppy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Just upgraded
« on: Feb 15, 2009, 07:31 PM »
after this weekend i just could not take it anymore. windflags.............
the old HT fisherman's have done we ok for the past years. i bought two new this year and they were junk right off the shelf. bent rods, not bent right rods, flags that wont stay on the trip mechanism, etc. ive had enough. Kittery trading post has the Heritage Laker's on sale for $13.99 each. i just couldnt resist. although i would have liked to gone with the jacktraps at more then 1/2 less for a laker i was sold. they should be here in a few days. just in time for the weekend.  ;D

i have read alot on this site and all of it was usefull info. seems the lakers or jack traps were the way to go. for the price i feel i got the best of both worlds. a good trap at a great price.
i got 4 traps for the less then i can get two jacks.

Offline jiml

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Just upgraded
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2009, 03:47 AM »
You will not be sorry! and for 13.99 you got a great deal!  I spent 21.99 each on my set of 6 back in October.  I have nothing but good things to say about these traps!  Good luck with em!
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."
Ronald Reagan

Offline bostoned

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Just upgraded
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2009, 02:43 PM »
I have 3 lakers and one jack trap. I like both. 

I will probably take my lakers apart this year and finish them myself just so they last a bit longer but even if you don't do anything other than just take good care of them, they will last forever.  Plus you can get replacement parts if you ever need them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.