The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Heres Another question for you guys that fish champlain all the time  (Read 1341 times)

Offline ajsoma8

• IceShanty Rookie
I was told that Island Bait in Grand Isle was selling Hunts.  Now, my question is, why is it that he can get hunts and no other place sells them??  AT least no other place that I have been to. 

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
If it's true, he must have a Champlain zone permit and trapped his own.  They would be only legal to use on Champlain.  I haven't been there though.  Anyone else?

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline ajsoma8

• IceShanty Rookie
"IF YOU HAVE A CAMP IN GRAND ISLE, WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO TO THE ISLAND BAIT SHOP AND GET HUNTS? THEY HAVE PERFECT SIZE HUNTS FOR WALLEYE AND SALMON THERE FOR 6.50 A DOZEN."
-----this is the info FishStalker gave me and i bet he is right!

Offline fishstalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
I got 3 dozen BEAUTIFUL hunts there last weekend for walleye fishing by the lamoille river. They were $6.50 a dozen and he had a ton in the tank.

Offline fishstalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
Mike is a huge walleye fisherman, so it wouldn't surprise me if he has a trapping license. He also buys fish there, and has EVERY piece Ice fishing equipment or tackle you need. He's got a nice operation there! Its definitely worth the extra few miles of driving.

Offline ajsoma8

• IceShanty Rookie
I try to get my bait there as much as possible because he has graet bait.  This is great info to have....thanks again fishstalker...I have new motivation to get out salmon.trout fishing on champlain

Offline fishstalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
No problem Ajsoma8

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.