The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: unsafe ice  (Read 1037 times)

Offline habaneromoon

• Team IceShanty Regular
unsafe ice
« on: Feb 04, 2008, 05:11 PM »

so they found the missing fisherman in 6-7 feet of water on champlain in his truck. I saw someone on st catherine this weekend in a truck. we have had some weird wheather this year and really weird ice conditions. i hope we dont see anymore casualties this winter and that everyone will be careful of the ice conditions.
thats how i feel anyway.

good luck and stay safe.

moon

Offline whitetail05401

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: unsafe ice
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2008, 05:55 PM »
were I was today was good ice but the pond I fished the other day the ice went from 8 to 4 inches not good at all.....jim s

Offline habaneromoon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2008, 09:37 PM »

thats good info jim, alot of people fish a spot and see 7 plus inches of ice and think game on we have good ice, but in reality there may only be a few inches 100 feet away or a huge pressure crack like we saw on st cat this weekend. when it comes down to it i would rather  walk out a half mile dragging my sled then lose my vehicle and possibly my life for a fish, or even better buy a hunk of tillapia at price chopper when my flags dont come up.
lol  i wish you many flags and many fish, or no flags and another day to fish!!

Offline hunter13

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2008, 11:38 AM »
yea thats one heck of a pressure crack on st cathrine i saw that gold truck drive out from campers beach sunday i told my friend that guy has  more b@lls than me lol was going to drag shanty out on st cathrine today but think ill waite till later in the week

"Grab your rod and git-r-done!"  VERMONT

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.