Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Darkhouse Spearing

Pics of your catches

<< < (2/58) > >>

BuschWhacker:
Just catchin on how to post pics, See what happens

Higgins:

--- Quote from: BuschWhacker on Dec 27, 2008, 05:26 PM ---Just catchin on how to post pics, See what happens

--- End quote ---

Nice Fish, hey is that rod what you use for your decoys cause if it is than maybe you should try and put a few trebles on there for the ones that grab the decoys  :laugh: " if you can't spear em than fish em"  :woot:

BuschWhacker:

--- Quote from: Higgins on Dec 27, 2008, 06:43 PM ---Nice Fish, hey is that rod what you use for your decoys cause if it is than maybe you should try and put a few trebles on there for the ones that grab the decoys  :laugh: " if you can't spear em than fish em"  :woot:

--- End quote ---
Yes, I use the rod to work the deke.  I've been trying to make a decoy with hooks for a while now, with limited success.  Hard to make one where metal fins don't get in the way of a clean hook-up.  Am still workin on it tho, as it's legal to use hooks in Alaska while spearing.  I also have a spoon with a herring on it nearby, either in the hole, or ready to drop down in case of a smash, grab, and run.  Sometimes I've been able to coax 'em back in with the herring, and drop the spear, and a couple times, hook 'em and reel 'em in.  Like ya said, double jeapordy.

jayswimmer09:
nice pike there guys!

BuschWhacker:
Just thought this was kinda interesting, and goes a way toward proving my theory pike don't know how big they are, and will try to eat anything they think they can catch,  this one was taken with 10 or so others all about the same size.  We were thinking they were all about the same size because they'd gotten big enough that they couldn't eat each other anymore, but I guess it doesn't mean they won't try :o.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version