Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Darkhouse Spearing

What do you use for a stove?

(1/2) > >>

spearchucker:
I built my own stove from a piece of 1/8" AR plate, and the burner from a turkey barn stove. I built it with a flat top so I can cook on it. I spear last year in -23 actual temp and I only needed the valve open 1/4 turn to sit in a sweatshirt. I'll post pics soon.

Higgins:

--- Quote from: spearchucker on Jan 23, 2008, 09:15 PM ---I built my own stove from a piece of 1/8" AR plate, and the burner from a turkey barn stove. I built it with a flat top so I can cook on it. I spear last year in -23 actual temp and I only needed the valve open 1/4 turn to sit in a sweatshirt. I'll post pics soon.

--- End quote ---

I just use a Mr Heater with the atachment to hook up on a full size propain tank,the hose goes through a hole in the shanty.

darkhousefisher:
I use the big buddy heater and take along my one burner coleman backpacking stove if I want to cook.  Ussually though,  I just set a can of soup on the Big Buddy heater to warm it up.

wiscowalleye:
I have pretty much the same set-up as higgins except it is the Mr.Heater/cooker so can flip on it's side and do a bit of cooking...I have the hose adapter so can hookup the big tank...but is also nice if walking in I can leave the hose off and use the little cylinders.  ;D

Whatpole:
Big Buddy heater with a 20 lb tank.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version