The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Gas augers  (Read 722 times)

Offline Lawman

• IceShanty Rookie
Gas augers
« on: Jan 20, 2022, 04:46 PM »
  Just a little info on gas augers start with medium grade gas and and sea foam as directed and at the end of the season run all the gas out of the motorand by the way Startron also helps. It helps to start a hole and leave the unit standing up good luck.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Gas augers
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2022, 05:01 PM »
I am a small engine mechanic and i do not recommend running the gas out at the end of season.it dries the fuel pump diaphragm out and it cracks along with the gas tank grommets and the gas line in the tank.i would store auger upright with rec fuel/seafoam and go out and run it every few months.never store it with ethanol fuel tho,drain it if thats used.jmo

Offline lenz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 'Ice Only' Fisherman
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2022, 08:46 AM »
agree..do not drain..start up during summer every now and then  to tick off the neighbors ;D
 or
after 30 years i am retiring my little eskimo gas auger ($65 at k-mart)  in favor of a Milwaukee M18 Fuel drill and an eskimo 8 inch pistol bit auger..just under 9 lbs vs 28 for the auger..love it so far
burp
Member of G.O.D.S

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2022, 08:55 AM »
Learned not to drain the gas (SM recommend doing that) . Every month or so starting in up and running it will save some headaches. My first tank procedure for the season was new gas mix with SeaFoarm per recommendation..fill the auger tank 1/4 way ...then add a shot of SeaFoam ..mix a bit start the auger and let it warm up ...then kill it with the choke..let that sit a bit then restart let run ..kill it with the choke again..the SeaFoam will do its job .   
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.