Author Topic: Marcum LX-i unit  (Read 2798 times)

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
Re: Marcum LX-i unit
« Reply #30 on: Jan 21, 2022, 08:36 PM »
FYI got myself a set of hole covers after seeing yours in action..never beenna fan, but the serve a purpose.
Yea, I hate them....but I love to use them. If that makes sense. They definitely serve their purpose, which are several. But Yea it's nice not to have to pull the redneck hammer out every go round to your holes...lol
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 22, 2022, 05:40 PM »
Yea, I hate them....but I love to use them. If that makes sense. They definitely serve their purpose, which are several. But Yea it's nice not to have to pull the redneck hammuer out every go round to your holes...lol
They saved my bacon today , love hate relationship, but  they fill a niche.. you taught  an old dog a new trick.. I wont use them every trip , but I never chopped out a trap @ 16 below!

"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 25, 2022, 09:49 AM »
So here's my take on the new vex handheld unit. BTW...props to Reeds, it was at my house in 1 day, so I had a chance to use it Sunday.
It's twice the unit than the Marcum and slimmer in stature. It read depths under all conditions and registered on the screen in less than 2 seconds...every time. No searching and searching like the Marcum. I also love the fact it takes regular 9v batteries, unlike the Marcum which is a special order battery.
I guess I'm glad this happened, I have a much better tool in my bag now. Thanks for you previous reviews that swayed me to this unit Roc.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 25, 2022, 09:52 AM »
Good to hear its working well, I might look into one of those... Like you mentioned before its a lot quicker than using the flasher to search. And yeah, Scheels is great, wish we had them local.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 25, 2022, 10:58 AM »
Good to hear its working well, I might look into one of those... Like you mentioned before its a lot quicker than using the flasher to search. And yeah, Scheels is great, wish we had them local.
Correction. I meant to say Reeds  ::)
Scheels is good too though

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 25, 2022, 11:01 AM »
Correction. I meant to say Reeds  ::)
Scheels is good too though
Awesome.. glad it all worked out.. once your used to having these fancy toys,  you wonder how you ever caught a fish without them.

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 25, 2022, 11:26 AM »
Awesome.. glad it all worked out.. once your used to having these fancy toys,  you wonder how you ever caught a fish without them.
You're right There is some truth to that, as much as I hate to admit it. I'm a technology hater..lol
It wasnt long ago I would hole hop with a spare trap and sounder pulling up an arms length at a time and counting out...2,4,6,8 lol
Most of us can still catch plenty without it, the difference to me is how quick I can get on em. If I can find that desired depth/spot/drop right away, I'm not wasting precious first light

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 25, 2022, 11:50 AM »
You're right There is some truth to that, as much as I hate to admit it. I'm a technology hater..lol
It wasnt long ago I would hole hop with a spare trap and sounder pulling up an arms length at a time and counting out...2,4,6,8 lol
Most of us can still catch plenty without it, the difference to me is how quick I can get on em. If I can find that desired depth/spot/drop right away, I'm not wasting precious first light

Agreed 100 percent,  I like gadgets.. when I ran the mosquito fleet a few weeks back, I felt like  I was missing  something. It was simple and  efficient.. but I missed my gadgets.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.