The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Missisquoi bay whites  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Vtperchchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Missisquoi bay whites
« on: Jan 09, 2022, 08:39 AM »
I’ve been reading Missisquoi bay has a large population of white perch. If this is true why haven’t I run into them more while pike fishing out there. Once I set my tip ups I take the wheeler and run around jigging for what I can find. Yet to hit any whites. Maybe they have areas they stay in? This winter I may leave the tip ups behind and just cover more water jigging to see what’s in there

Offline ISLAND STORM

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Missisquoi bay whites
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2022, 08:59 AM »
I caught some whites up there like 5 years ago but haven’t seen any to speak of the last few years besides an occasional one here and there.
My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Tight lines and be safe.

Offline Vtperchchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2022, 09:22 AM »
Last yr few people reported catching few mixed with yellows near the river mouth but with a massive amount of water to cover would be a shot in the dark to try to find them I feel. Not very deep so maybe just hit the deepest basins first. They are great fun to catch and great filets in the pan

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2022, 09:32 AM »
Hit and miss up there for whites. Most of the ones I get are mixed in with the yellows but it is rare at least for me to get more than a few.
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Offline vtcountrychamp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2022, 12:34 PM »
I caught a bunch last march on the west side. I figured they were moving into the river

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2022, 04:21 PM »
If your looking for whites in this area of the lake you've got the wrong bay.  ;) try the one that starts st.a

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2022, 07:01 AM »
If your looking for whites in this area of the lake you've got the wrong bay.  ;) try the one that starts st.a

A little early though, still just barely locking up.
I've been catching them there for over a decade and the earliest I've ever gotten into them was last week of January, but they really stack up later into Feb/Mar. Let's hope ice holds up.

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2022, 09:17 AM »
We used to get into them about second week of January near cowbanks, that was 10-12 years ago.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.