Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Safety

Items for First Aid

<< < (5/6) > >>

flyfish413:
Gotta have a proper first aid kit tailored toward the activity you're doing, might save your day or might save your life or someone else's. If you've ever had, or seen, a cut from auger blades you know how nasty that can be. Absolute must haves:

- Rubber gloves
- Gauze
- Medical tape - fabric, never the cheap paper kind
- QuickClot powder and/ or bandages.
- Butterfly closures
- Pain/ headache reliever
- Mylar emergency blanket
- Ace bandage with extra clips
- BZK disinfectant wipes
- Antibiotic first aid cream, bonus points if it's got a pain killer in it
- Typical bandaids and the like

All that takes up less space than a sunglass case.

kpd145:
band aids, tape, gloves, tylenol, advil, crazy glue.

bart:

--- Quote from: bart on Jan 08, 2022, 06:31 AM ---Latex gloves
Wet Ones, antibiotic, bandaids (boo boo kit)

then..
gauze pads
roller gauze
steri-strips
tape
cravats
rolled wire split
tongue depressor
safety pins
duct tape
tylenol
lighter
all kept in a ziploc bag...

Also I have a small but more extensive first aid kit in truck.

--- End quote ---

I am on two different blood thinners. After recently having an arterial bleed, without immediate intervention I would not be here.

I had a tourniquet in my truck but now had added a tourniquet to my smaller first aid kit. Also added hemostatic gauze and pressure dressing to both.

Rebelss:

--- Quote from: bart on May 18, 2022, 07:47 AM ---

I am on two different blood thinners. After recently having an arterial bleed, without immediate intervention I would not be here.

I had a tourniquet in my truck but now had added a tourniquet to my smaller first aid kit. Also added hemostatic gauze and pressure dressing to both.

--- End quote ---

Good idea to have a tourniquet in every kit, Bart. A bandanna and a pencil will work well, also remember your belt....or boot laces and a stick.

WARRIOR_ON_ICE:
OOPS  :o I have going fishing several hours away from home for decades and have not thought much about the possible need for first aid.

I do bring an OTC pain reliever and vaseline with me on every trip that I am spending at least 1 night away from my house ( motel stay ). My hands get seriously chapped within just a couple of days on the ice and before going to bed I gob the vaseline on and then cover my hands with a sock while sleeping. I have learned that I need to get ahead of this problem or else my fingertips will crack and bleed and make it painful to make the slightest touch to anything at all.

I don't consider the items I bring as first aid, that is more along the lines of stopping heavy bleeding etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version