Author Topic: old farts role call  (Read 4704 times)

Offline Subway4X4

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: old farts role call
« Reply #30 on: Jan 08, 2022, 08:53 AM »
Oh GAWD you guys are old. I’m turning 60 this year and I just started this ice fishing thing two years ago.

My first trip out I caught a five pound bucketmouth, a couple of browns and a few perch and got hooked!

Looking forward to this season!

Just being out on the hardwater makes me forget about my diabetes, high cholesterol and arthritis. LOL
Old Noob - Sponsored by my lovely wife.

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 09, 2022, 05:33 PM »
Hernia surgery 12-14-01 and then for good measure acute pancreatitis and liver problems with almost a week in hospital. Double cataract surgery as soon asafp and we’ll see. Get that..we’ll see..Lol. Get total left knee done and should be good to go .... for golf and bass fishing. Have always enjoyed this sight and still plann on fishing but might be late January??
Also as far as pulling stuff out and back I always try to use younger people than me lol.
Turned 59 today!!

Offline pearcheyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 09, 2022, 06:46 PM »
Well I guess I’m in this thread.I’ll be 63 this year in October.Feel great for the most part but knees will probably have to be replaced at some point.I hope to be pulling slabs on soft and hard water god willing well into my 80’s.Looking to retire maybe after one more contract

Offline PoleCat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • IceFsh'nNut
« Reply #33 on: Jan 10, 2022, 09:36 AM »
river scum since you probably the youngest and most timid on here I might have to kidnap you for an afternoon bite soon. This ole Marine is ready to rip some lips. :tipup:
HoosierPoleCat member since 2003

The high price of Freedom is a cost paid by a Brave few... Semper Fi

Offline Hog Daddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • old school - the "don't laugh " sled
« Reply #34 on: Jan 10, 2022, 09:46 AM »
As I sit here in my glider chair, my feet on the ottoman, in front of my wood stove sipping my morning coffee.... I ponder on the crazy time of year that ice fishermen come alive again. This is when people in northern Indiana renew their faith in the religion of ice fishing, while those of us in southern Indiana look on in astonishment.  After spending about 4 hrs trying to remember my login name and password, i come across this thread that has my name written all over it. 

I'm not sure what qualifies you as an old fart, but I can tell you that I used to be able to knock a turtle off a log at 10 feet.  Now I can knock 2 turtles off a log at the same time, as long as i put the log in a five gallon bucket and strategically place 2 turtles at the right distance apart, and hold the bucket in front of me.

HHD

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #35 on: Jan 10, 2022, 11:24 AM »
river scum since you probably the youngest and most timid on here I might have to kidnap you for an afternoon bite soon. This ole Marine is ready to rip some lips. :tipup:

we will real soon polecat!  we should probably head to _____.  i hear they pulling in trophies left n right.  just "stories" so far as usual.  ::) 
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline JPjunkie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP ON KEEPIN ON
« Reply #36 on: Jan 10, 2022, 01:55 PM »
JpJunkie still kickin

Offline wlatrout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 10, 2022, 04:59 PM »
Wlatrout here.    Just turned 78 . Been ice fishing since I was 10 yr. old . I missed a couple of years but not many. This year I'm going to have to set it out. I had surgery a week ago Mon. for a herniated disc 'What I will miss the most is Trout fishing but I'll keep up on the fishing and the catching through the forum. Need to be patient and let my body heal so I will be ready for the ice off in the spring. Good luck guys i'll be back in a year.

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #38 on: Jan 10, 2022, 06:27 PM »
Count me in as I just turned 71 last month.  One knee done and another to go along with two hips joints BUT not until I've been pulling up some slabs thru the hole tomorrow morning.  Good luck out there guys and be safe.

Offline jr11888

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 10, 2022, 06:50 PM »
Turn 64 this month feel pretty good so far. Worked for railroad 42 years retired in 2018. Been active all my life hunting,fishing and trapping so hope I have many years to go!

Offline bgriffis17

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Jan 11, 2022, 08:52 AM »
Ya, I seen your name in the snow Tide? pretty sure it wasn't your handwriting what up brother.
fishing is hard can I go home now

Offline CoolCat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jan 11, 2022, 08:56 AM »
was just wondering how many of us old farts are still lurking around?   bgriffis17 
aka Big Daddy G.  and I will be 66 my next b day       wallin you still here I know you were here when they discoverd dirt

Offline chicagill34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They're biting by that guy over there!!
« Reply #42 on: Jan 11, 2022, 09:01 AM »
57 and Thankful I can still trek up and down them hills on the reservoirs!! 

Offline Lee1977

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 11, 2022, 11:06 AM »
I’ll be 63 in May and been retired for almost 3 years. If I knew it was this fun I was done it earlier. :) Started ice fishing in Michigan when I was about 10 and have been hooked ever since. I’m in NE Indiana and have meet a few of the guys on the board, a bunch of good people on here. You young guns need to keep working so us old guys can keep playing  ;D Hope to meet a few more of you guys out on the ice, young or old, I like swapping fish stories too!

Offline 2Bstreamin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 11, 2022, 03:55 PM »
Kind of new at hard water. Kinda new here, too. I only spend half the winter home in IN. The other half on salt. I got pardners but they all in school. Loaded the truck with ice gear this morning for a solo tomorrow...maybe. Got bait. +66.

Offline fishygene

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 13, 2022, 09:51 AM »
Fishygene here .I have not fished .84 not kicking very hard. Have not fished from 2018.   gene

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #46 on: Jan 14, 2022, 06:44 AM »
gene, if you want to or are able to get out with little to no effort, PM me.  i know couple places with a very short walk.    NE part of state
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #47 on: Jan 15, 2022, 06:30 PM »
First time I've logged in in a few years.  59 years and 60 is bearing down.  It's good to see some of the old names are still here.
Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline Pan fisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 15, 2022, 07:30 PM »
Turn 69 in April just got couple new hips have to see how tough they are. Doc said I could do anything but skydiving do I guess I’m good

Offline Tim Burr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Jan 21, 2022, 01:22 AM »
Since roll call is as far as I might get, Tim here from Valpo 26 yrs and SW Chicago burbs 34 yes. My dad liked a one day road trip and so do I. Fished a little everywhere. Had knee replacement Jan 2021, was doing good , than Aug 2021 colon ruptured and just got bag removed from belly Dec 2021. Doing OK but tip toed back to work to find we're working 6 days. I might rush a day out on the ice 2 pm to 7 pm trip but need those lazy recoup days too. Hoping for a 5 day schedule. Ice fished about 6 seasons.Fished Valpo Chain, L.  Eliza..no more😒, Deep River ponds, Clear Lake E.Porter Co.. Would like to fish the Missi, the Sal, try some Auburn area pike n trout . Even go back to Illinois w a 1 day or 2 day and fish Shabonba , or Joliet quarry. Hunt it but haven't ice fished the Slough yet.But I open water fished it over 40 yrs. Does any body hit the Green Co strip pits? Imagine they get safe Ice.Still learning. The mind is willing  :tipup:
Looks Like a Good Spot

Offline trophytaker1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Jan 21, 2022, 04:11 PM »
64 here Still kickin.

Offline Tim Burr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Jan 22, 2022, 01:29 AM »
Since roll call is as far as I might get, Tim here from Valpo 26 yrs and SW Chicago burbs 34 yes. My dad liked a one day road trip and so do I. Fished a little everywhere. Had knee replacement Jan 2021, was doing good , than Aug 2021 colon ruptured and just got bag removed from belly Dec 2021. Doing OK but tip toed back to work to find we're working 6 days. I might rush a day out on the ice 2 pm to 7 pm trip but need those lazy recoup days too. Hoping for a 5 day schedule. Ice fished about 6 seasons.Fished Valpo Chain, L.  Eliza..no more😒, Deep River ponds, Clear Lake E.Porter Co.. Would like to fish the Missi, the Sal, try some Auburn area pike n trout . Even go back to Illinois w a 1 day or 2 day and fish Shabonba , or Joliet quarry. Hunt it but haven't ice fished the Slough yet.But I open water fished it over 40 yrs. Does any body hit the Green Co strip pits? Imagine they get safe Ice.Still learning. The mind is willing  :tipup:
Looks Like a Good Spot

Offline philk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just chasin that 12# eye
« Reply #52 on: Jan 22, 2022, 07:02 PM »
Fished Belmont Harbor with my uncle. Smelt fishing!   60 years of ice fishing!   Wow where has the time gone?

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Jan 23, 2022, 12:23 PM »
Fishygene here .I have not fished .84 not kicking very hard. Have not fished from 2018.   gene
Glad to hear you’re still kicking. Still whacking slabs with the gray ghost!! Hard to keep my friends from high jacking em!
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline chumslick2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Jan 23, 2022, 03:28 PM »
62 here. I was pretty sick so didn’t go for years but better now. Been twice this year and caught 2. I bought a big shanty two years ago and have never had out.  so going to get it out in living room and make sure it’s legal. I may go to bass lake soon. I used to go to pretty or max but I don’t think you can park at pretty anymore.

Offline JDH46151

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Jan 24, 2022, 03:20 PM »
I used to live in Greene Co.  I checked the pits yesterday and there's ice on the two I checked but les than 2".

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.