Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan

Gull Lake 2022 Ice & Fishing Reports

<< < (26/27) > >>

smeltbuster:
Baseline rd. is also done. Lots of open water near shore. The pallet bridge is gone due to open water & wind.

smeltbuster:
2nd. bay is done. I was able to gain access from a private residence today on 2nd. bay, but the ice is Rotten.The spud went through 5"-6" w/ 2 easy wacks.

smeltbuster:
With the cold snap we had for a few days, Smelt jr. & I were able to get 1 final trip in Sunday night (3/13). I was also able to share my shanty w/ my good friend & smelt guru, Bob. Bob ended up w/ 138,Smelt jr. had 116 & I had 102. It has been an awesome season, 47 trips & 5,217 smelt iced by me. Seriously doubt I will ever be able to top that . The ice was a bit sketchy last night & I'm sure tonight will be the last safe night to fish at Baseline. The north end is wide open by shore. Once the lake opens up & we try for smelt, I will post how it goes. Headed to Lk. Erie in a couple days to chase some Walters, on the open water. If anyone ventures out,Please be very careful, lots of springs on the lake , & soft spots will be all over the place.

skibumm100:
I'm surprised it firmed up enough to get out. Glad you got out and back safely. I've started cleaning out the tin boat and have posted an eviction notice on the stern of the Astro for the red squirrel. I may have to go in after him. Apparently there's a walnut tree somewhere in the neighborhood, based on what I see under the cover. Good luck on Erie!

Iceassin:
Ok...certainly not an ice report. But I am looking for a report...of guys who use or have tried plastics for Smelt. Yea or nay?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version