Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan

Gull Lake 2022 Ice & Fishing Reports

<< < (3/27) > >>

WaterfowlNut!:
Thanks for the update! So will we be able to park across from the salon again this year if the ice gets good around the docks? Seems like they had the bubblers going last year too but the ice was thick enough to walk on there am I right?

smeltbuster:
Lots of guys out on 2nd. bay last night. About 5" of ice. The smelt are there, but all the noise is killing the bite. I did manage to get 82 last night.Lots of action 10'-25' down, when you get them under you. The rest of the lake is locking up.  The north end is usually not fishable till around the first of Feb. . Smelt jr. & I will be checking it daily, once it starts getting close. Lots of open water the past few days has locked up w/ the cold weather ,we just have to wait. As for the salon on 2nd. bay, the bubblers in front of the access were still going 2 days ago. I will check them again this afternoon. The walk from south bay is 550-750 yds. on avg. just to let ya know. Smooth ice ,no snow,pretty easy, even for an old fat guy like me !

fishin4smelt:
Thanks for the update Smeltbuster. I’m going to give it a try tonight. First time on the hard water this year. I’ll stop and say hello if I see you out there. Hopefully those little buggers will co-operate…

smeltbuster:
The lake is Locked up ! We will start checking Baseline & the north end in 2-3 days & let ya know what we find. 2nd. Bay has been producing some good #s for some guys & others are struggling. I have had a few good nights & a couple of mediocre nights. 316,200,82,106 230 . A few friends have done very well. 4"-6" of ice on 2nd. bay. The salon is still bubbling.

WaterfowlNut!:
Planning on trying to chase some smelt tomorrow any word on the north end yet? Kinda worried about the parking situation on the bay  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version