Author Topic: Plenty of safe ice  (Read 16746 times)

LukequabbinMA

Plenty of safe ice
« on: Dec 30, 2021, 07:06 AM »
Heading out Friday morning for brookies people are dicks about finding early ice but we always find it anyway so if someone gets mad and doesn’t want you to share some ice we find ice and all the fish instead of trashing people on here! Tight lines I’m on lake x Friday morning in Woodstock 😂😂😂

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
Re: Plenty of safe ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2021, 07:09 AM »
Good luck hope the rain holds out for you was planning on going to a spot Saturday but i think the rain is going to wash it out.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

LukequabbinMA

« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2021, 07:14 AM »
Good luck hope the rain holds out for you was planning on going to a spot Saturday but i think the rain is going to wash it out.
appreciate the positive feedback hope to beat the rain Friday

Offline DrummerManDrew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2021, 01:29 PM »
Take it slow luke skywalker. It’s warm and raining… and I’m not sure if you know this, but with what little beginning ICE we have now, may change the ball game entirely from a safety point of view… whatever lake X is, please be careful.
Be well and DO Good Work!

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2021, 02:06 PM »
Keep it in your pants big dog

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2021, 02:17 PM »
What is this guy 6 years old? Oddest posts ever, does that weird young kid stuff to where he has to talk about weed to sound cool lollll. Mirrors been ready for a few weeks chief you’ll be pleasantly disappointed.
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2021, 02:19 PM »
The hot spot gets pounded

Offline TrackerScout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2021, 02:44 PM »
Heading out Friday morning for brookies people are dicks about finding early ice but we always find it anyway so if someone gets mad and doesn’t want you to share some ice we find ice and all the fish instead of trashing people on here! Tight lines I’m on lake x Friday morning in Woodstock 😂😂😂

I am sure this is in response to your last thread. Unfortunately the hard time people give others about burning spots is some of the best advice on the forum. You learn through the harsh words of others on the forum, or you show up to your favorite spot and all the parking spots are gone. Either way it is lesson learned. Better getting dumped on here than a long drive and not being able to access the lake/pond. With recent times more people parking and accessing water has also equaled more posted signs.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2021, 02:53 PM »
I am sure this is in response to your last thread. Unfortunately the hard time people give others about burning spots is some of the best advice on the forum. You learn through the harsh words of others on the forum, or you show up to your favorite spot and all the parking spots are gone. Either way it is lesson learned. Better getting dumped on here than a long drive and not being able to access the lake/pond. With recent times more people parking and accessing water has also equaled more posted signs.

This guy gets it :tipup:

Offline raffi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2021, 03:39 PM »
Plenty of ice freshly stocked at the market

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 2021, 03:57 PM »
Plenty of ice freshly stocked at the market
Put on your turban and and clean diaper and get on over there!
There having a run on the 3 week old sole! 🤣

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 30, 2021, 06:11 PM »
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Steamtrain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 30, 2021, 06:51 PM »
I read through some of the Massachusetts forum posts and naming earlier season spots to fish and safe ice info is shared. The New Hampshire forum is completely against spot burning. I agree with the New Hampshire culture on spot burning.
I don’t believe this is the fault of people of Massachusetts, they just live south of us.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Dec 30, 2021, 07:01 PM »
There’s just no cold water fishing through the ice worth holding near and dear there is all. I wouldn’t have any secret spots and I’d be traveling here too, can’t blame them. Respect the waters here is all by not putting them on blast. It’s a different situation. Most get it. Some of the best fisherman on this page live in Mass and god bless them!

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 30, 2021, 07:15 PM »
I read through some of the Massachusetts forum posts and naming earlier season spots to fish and safe ice info is shared. The New Hampshire forum is completely against spot burning. I agree with the New Hampshire culture on spot burning.
I don’t believe this is the fault of people of Massachusetts, they just live south of us.

That sharing almost got the guy that was sharing the “safe ice” killed when he went through a couple days ago, there are many like the thread starter that come on here to take info as gospel bc they saw it on the internet

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Dec 30, 2021, 07:19 PM »
I’m just trying to figure out how one has enough time between flags to play with a Easy bake oven

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 30, 2021, 07:21 PM »
That sharing almost got the guy that was sharing the “safe ice” killed when he went through a couple days ago, there are many like the thread starter that come on here to take info as gospel bc they saw it on the internet
What.. everything on the internet isn't true... well I'll be suck egg mule,!

Offline DrummerManDrew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 30, 2021, 08:01 PM »
I’m just trying to figure out how one has enough time between flags to play with a Easy bake oven

You have to admit, and one who want to relocate and entire kitchen into a pop up obviously is there to cook for everyone and not fish. I’m to busy chasing my own tail to bake a meatloaf on the ice
Be well and DO Good Work!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Dec 30, 2021, 08:08 PM »
Likewise

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 30, 2021, 08:18 PM »
You have to admit, and one who want to relocate and entire kitchen into a pop up obviously is there to cook for everyone and not fish. I’m to busy chasing my own tail to bake a meatloaf on the ice

I used to try and cook breakfast and lunch on the ice, I could count on one hand the times in actually ate warm food or didn't burn it.. it's the best way to break a cold spell.. I did learn that taking a grilled cheese  sandwich out of the frying  pan and shove it in your pie hole to answer a flag is a BAD Idea...painfull too

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Dec 30, 2021, 08:19 PM »
Lollll, hate to laugh at your expense Joe but that one got me.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Dec 30, 2021, 08:22 PM »
Lollll, hate to laugh at your expense Joe but that one got me.
It was a long time ago...very funny now.. all for a cigar shaped slime dart

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 31, 2021, 06:29 AM »
People don't realize there is 90,000 strong members on this forum i realize they are not all from NH but out of the 90,000 theres probobly only 1,000 that contribute to anything on this forum that leaves the others are probobly just lurking in the shadows waiting to read where the best spots are and where the fish are biting out of laziness because they don't want to do the leg work themselves (unfortunatly thats what society is breeding lately) so don't get all butt hurt and think everyones an asshole because we did our homework and do dilegence to get on fish and safe ice. Realize if you want something work for it!! not everything is going to be handed out.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Dec 31, 2021, 06:37 AM »
Add another 90k who aren’t a member at all and just scroll. I’d say that’s what I get the most when someone approaches me on the ice. “ I read all your posts” I ask who they are and usually get “ oh I don’t have a account I just check it for info”’

Why though, is someone that “ always finds the ice, and the fish” so sad if no one wants to tell him?

Offline SPIN 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 31, 2021, 06:53 AM »
Add another 90k who aren’t a member at all and just scroll. I’d say that’s what I get the most when someone approaches me on the ice. “ I read all your posts” I ask who they are and usually get “ oh I don’t have a account I just check it for info”’

Why though, is someone that “ always finds the ice, and the fish” so sad if no one wants to tell him?

I troll to find out  cooking recipes only don’t want your fishing spots
More than 3 cars in my driveway when I get home ? Probably an intervention! I’m outta there!

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Dec 31, 2021, 07:14 AM »
When it comes to cooking on the ice, I love a nice hot cheeseburger/hotdog, stew but as we all know, you can go an hour without a bite but get that cheesebuger on the nice toasted bun and 2 flags will pop and you lose your burger, drop it or it gets cold for usually like roccus said, a sllime dart or a dink perch..but i will keep cooking!!!

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Dec 31, 2021, 08:40 AM »
When I was bringing the kids and their friends out - we'd always pack the grills and plan to cook breakfast sandwiches or other items, it was part of the fun of making a day of it outside....  and if the flags were slow, seemed like the best way to ensure the flags would start popping was to fire up the grill... never failed.

As for spot burning - its a thing, hell people try to figure out locations simply based on picture backgrounds.
Ice reports that get people hurt are a thing too, because people get lazy and assume ice somewhere means ice everywhere. 

Be Safe, happy New Year, and protect your spots and people... and have a great season.

Dennis

P.S. Joe switch to PB&J - good even when frozen  ;D

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #27 on: Dec 31, 2021, 08:54 AM »
. Realize if you want something work for it!! not everything is going to be handed out.
^^This! Why is it so hard for people to understand.
To all the Parents of these entitled dinks.....you failed!!
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Dec 31, 2021, 09:16 AM »
^^This! Why is it so hard for people to understand.
To all the Parents of these entitled dinks.....you failed!!

:clap: :clap: :bow: :bow:

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Dec 31, 2021, 09:18 AM »
When it comes to cooking on the ice, I love a nice hot cheeseburger/hotdog, stew but as we all know, you can go an hour without a bite but get that cheesebuger on the nice toasted bun and 2 flags will pop and you lose your burger, drop it or it gets cold for usually like roccus said, a sllime dart or a dink perch..but i will keep cooking!!!

Best thing i remember as a kid was fishing with a friend and his dad would always start a small fire and we would cook Essem hot dogs on sticks and eat beans out of a can!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.