Author Topic: Strikemaster Lite Flite vs K -Drill. Am I swapping from LF to the K-Drill ???  (Read 1381 times)

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
So after all these years, I finally tried a K-Drill. I tried Joes brand new 8.5" auger. Ran it against my 2 year old Strikemaster Lite Flite with over 1000 holes drilled. We did a quick speed test, and both give our opinions on the two. Are we changing drills??
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
the speed at which i can drill holes isnt as important as the number of holes i can drill drilled.  i have yet to kill the 9ah batt on my ridgid in a day anyhow though.  most days we just shoot threw the ice with vex in search mode.  no need to drill unless ice is milked out.

your also testing new blades vs 1000 hole blades.  but like you said not a fair test just messing around.

real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline Hillsfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
You are not comparing augers; you are comparing brand new blades versus 1000 holes old blades!  Besides what the heck is a few seconds difference mean?  Who cares?  To each their own, but my mission is to catch fish not to drill the fastest hole.   

Offline Muggsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm pretty sure the K drill is the "brand new blades", not the reverse.

Would have been more interesting had they switched the drills to the other auger and tried it again.
Maybe someday I'll think of something clever to write here...but I doubt it.

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE

Would have been more interesting had they switched the drills to the other auger and tried it again.

Yeah looks like the smaller Milwaukee on the K?? I blast through the ice with the strikemaster in 6 inc. It will bog down on my regular 8ich auger/ with a chipper blade.

One note of caution with the Mil. the handle fasten point will break if you hog it. Mine broke last year and was replaced in a few days. No reason to force it.
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Yeah looks like the smaller Milwaukee on the K??
His is the 1200 in lb
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac

The KDrill was brand new. My 2 year old LF has over 1000 holes. 

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
You are not comparing augers; you are comparing brand new blades versus 1000 holes old blades!  Besides what the heck is a few seconds difference mean?  Who cares?  To each their own, but my mission is to catch fish not to drill the fastest hole.
I hear ya. We were just messing around. I could care less what someone uses for an auger. But there are many people who are looking for input. The KDrill is $50 more, slower, more work, shorter, gets less holes per charge, and is more work on the drill. Could be helpful for some people.

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I've heard similar reports on the k-drill. I run a standard 6" Lazer auger blade (hand auger) as I'm a pan fisherman. Makita hammer drill I got on line for 49 bucks several years ago. Already had Makita tools and batteries so...no Idea of torque or anything else. Already had a clam plate and immediately got an extension for less bending. The bearings on the plate are getting a little sloppy but this thing still slices through ice with ease. Usually keep a spare 5ah battery with and have never used it. Of course run it on drill mode in low setting. Still use the drill at work including drilling some tough old concrete. Bottom line is; use whatever suits you best physically and financially.

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
I've heard similar reports on the k-drill. I run a standard 6" Lazer auger blade (hand auger)

I have the lite as a back up and use a hand laser as well. The lite was last years Christmas gift I never wanted to return. has some flex to it.

All of which are light compared to the old post hole digger with the 12 inch auger. I know I will get some wise comment for the 12.
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I have a kdrill and I love it!
Got it on clearance from my local home Depot couple years ago for $110 brand new in the box.
I'm not really interested in going out and spending $200+ for another auger that might drill a hole a few seconds faster
I'm with the others in the fact that the speed of drilling is not that important to me.
It worked great yesterday on the 17 inches of ice that we had.
I only drilled four holes and we got into some really good fishing..
I like the fact that my kdrill will drill old holes or is capable of drilling connecting holes if I need to.
I think all these new drill augers are great.
There's way too many videos out there where people are trying to compare different augers using different drills etc.
And I think the key thing to take away from these videos is whether or not an auger does a decent job of drilling a hole in the ice!
How many holes you get on a battery is also important but only if one auger gets significantly fewer holes per battery.
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.