Author Topic: Someone has to it!!  (Read 3477 times)

Offline big brother

• IceShanty Rookie
Someone has to it!!
« on: Dec 16, 2021, 01:54 PM »
I will volunteer for the first post on the Manitoba sub forum. This was  a very popular area years ago but times change!!Should anyone here be looking a rather scarce and somewhat expensive 10# propane tank Prairie Propane in  St Genevieve sell the tanks for $40 or$50. Price includes the propane fill. This was the cheapest price in all my searches before driving there. Even if you factor in the time/gas will still save a few bucks.

Offline LikeFishing

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Someone has to it!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2021, 10:51 AM »
Nobody is talking anymore . I sure miss all the fishing tips I used to get here.

Offline Kinkyline

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • How sweet they are!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2021, 11:02 AM »
 ;D Must be a problem with the b.s.supply chain. ;D

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2021, 06:09 PM »
Got to admit I had 4 great years fishing at the reservoir in Rivers, MB back in the early 90's,  perch, pike and walleye.  Had a hut we put up on the west side just out from the park.

Offline Blue Mago

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2021, 01:03 PM »
Sadly this forum isn't what it was a few years back , social media has taken it and for those of us who aren't on any platforms it's a huge disappointment .........Kinda hard to get any info as to whats happening and such
Enjoy The Ride ,You only Get One Chance

gman51

« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2021, 08:17 AM »
yes i do find that weird. you would think of all the great lakes in Manitoba and more and more people fishing those lakes. combined with the publicity it gets there would be a lot more input on the ice shanty forum .its kinda just died over the last couple years. ice fishing Saskatchewan forum still going strong if your needing a tip or just some good reads.   

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2021, 06:49 AM »
Thank facebook for the death of the forums!
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2022, 03:57 PM »
I warned everyone that social media would eventually kill the fishing forums. As for me, I retired the Blue Malibu adventures  ;D and sold the legendary Blue Igloo!
For 3 years now, I also gave up frozen finger tips and other body parts for the warmer climes of southern Arizona for 5-6 months of the year..
Last year due to Covid was an exception, as driving across the border was forbidden.
I managed to sneak in a few icefishing  trips with Firefighter and AC. It was great reconnecting on the ice with old Iceshanty friends.
I'm sure glad I made it south this year. I see winter this year has been absolutely BRUTAL for icefishing. I STILL see/read that the weekend warriors are still braving the elements and of course getting STUCK everywhere.  ::)
Well guys, March Madness is just around the corner.
Time changes everything and all good things come to an end eventually.
Enjoy the great outdoors wherever it takes you.  @)
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #8 on: Feb 25, 2022, 10:11 PM »
Welcome back blue. ;D
Yeah, warm weather sounds good right about now,lol.
It's been either too cold to fish, or, when it's nice out there is a blizzard, + heavier than normal snow levels on the lake and getting to it.
The fish don't seem like this up and down weather, and, for at lest my area, have really turned off. :P
Looking forward to the March bite. hopefully. ::)

Good Fishin' when you get out, and, stay safe. :tipup:

WW
Looking for that BIG BITE!

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #9 on: Feb 25, 2022, 10:24 PM »
Thanks WW. Hope fishing picks up for you soon. Hopefully Mother Nature is kinder in March.
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.