Author Topic: Found some monster Crappie in a new Lake. Many were 15". Update Part 2  (Read 1534 times)

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
Heres some footage from last weekends early ice Crappie mission. I fished a new lake, no mapping available. Didn't take long to find them!! Many doubles, couldn't keep my dead stick rod in the water once I put it out. The footage of me using a dead stick will be in part 2. If interested, you can check out the footage below.

Part 1:

Part 2:
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Found some monster Crappie in a new Lake. Many were 15".
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2021, 10:28 AM »
Very cool!
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline dsupercat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2021, 11:03 AM »
I'd keep that lake a secret.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2021, 04:55 PM »
Classified
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
so that i'm getting this straight..

you went out on a lake you've never been to before, no mapping anything, no idea of where to even begin,  drilled a random hole (no other signs of fishing in this spot) in the ice, and that hole proceeded to be full of trophy crappies?   Thats just nuts. 

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2021, 03:50 PM »

Ditto!
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2021, 10:46 PM »

X3

Daughters friend has a cabin in Maine, which they mainly fish for bass. My 1st time there I ran into some crappie (which they have never caught), and it was non stop action. Actually caught fish on 15 straight casts, once. All 13 -15 in. couldn't believe it. Bet there's a bunch of little bodies of water the same way. Love it up there, & good for you in trying new water!

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
so that i'm getting this straight..

you went out on a lake you've never been to before, no mapping anything, no idea of where to even begin,  drilled a random hole (no other signs of fishing in this spot) in the ice, and that hole proceeded to be full of trophy crappies?   Thats just nuts.
Yup!! I had a general idea of depth, as I mentioned in the video. I got some intel from a buddy. But yes, first hole, first 3 drops were 14.5-15” Crappie!! Our crappie population is probably the most underrated population in the US! A fellow just commented a similar result from a summer trip!

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2021, 10:51 AM »
X3

Daughters friend has a cabin in Maine, which they mainly fish for bass. My 1st time there I ran into some crappie (which they have never caught), and it was non stop action. Actually caught fish on 15 straight casts, once. All 13 -15 in. couldn't believe it. Bet there's a bunch of little bodies of water the same way. Love it up there, & good for you in trying new water!

They’re spreading fast!! Actually considered invasive, with no limit!! I enjoy targeting them!!

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
You found a gold mine...

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Who cares about filming thanks for taking me Catching.
May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Great day on the ice!  @)

But did you forget your ice creepers?!  ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Great day on the ice!  @)

But did you forget your ice creepers?!  ;)

No. I had them with me. The ice was was easy walking!! Plus my boots grip the ice well.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Oh, ok. Well it looked like you almost ATE IT at least once, so thought maybe you forgot ‘em!  ;D
Where's the FISH?!

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
another great video thanks for sharing.

have you tried that spot at night with submersible light?  it works just as good as it does in open water.  glow jigs with minnows or glow plastics work for us. although it doesnt look like you need to catch any more. lol
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.