Author Topic: Ski sled for my Eskimo QuickFish3  (Read 1040 times)

Offline Jona

• IceShanty Rookie
Ski sled for my Eskimo QuickFish3
« on: Oct 02, 2021, 05:28 PM »
After a season in the QF2, I wanted a bigger shanty, even if I do fish alone 99% of the time. So, I got a screaming deal at an auction for a 1 season old QF3i with 1 broken pole and quickly repurposed the base of my sled for the QF2. I didn't have enough room for the solar heater to mount to the back, but I mainly fish dawn and dusk.

I made it 76" x 76", the distance between the anchor holes, and trimmed the corners so it can be bolted down. It folds up with 2 piano hinges, the main part is 38", with the wings 19". The skis are an old pair of downhills and a pair of old cross country skis on the wings if I ever want to move once I'm out there.

There's definitely less bounce in the platform than the previous sled, and its a tad heavier, but I think it'll still pull better than my old plastic sled. Just need to add some paint.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ski sled for my Eskimo QuickFish3
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2021, 08:36 AM »
Don't think I've seen a set up like that before... I like it, thanks for sharing the build.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.