New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Clear Lake/Collins NY  (Read 3569 times)

Offline catfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Born to fish
Clear Lake/Collins NY
« on: Jan 17, 2021, 11:41 AM »
Any Reports?

Offline Angola Fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Clear Lake/Collins NY
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2021, 12:29 PM »
Heard from local bait shop 6 inches thick, targets are perch, craps and northerns.  Very crowded, also.
"I catch the fish, you cook the fish.  The only time we're together is when we eat the fish"

Offline youngblood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2021, 12:54 PM »
From DEC website. Fishing is allowed on Clear Lake WMA. Some common fish species found there are: largemouth bass, pumpkin seed, blue gill, crappie, yellow perch, brown bullhead, white sucker, golden shiner, and rudd.  Clear Lake
There is between 5-7 inches of ice at Clear Lake, located within the newly acquired DEC Clear Lake WMA. Be aware of a open gas hole in the middle of the lake about 800 feet north of the dam. Anglers report good action for smaller crappie and bluegill, with a few keepers mixed in.

Offline catfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Born to fish
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2021, 09:12 AM »
  Thanks for the reply. Lake is crowded because lots of people out of work.

Offline NOT ME

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's a prodigious achievement!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2021, 09:35 AM »
Drove by there. Both small parking areas full plus cars parked on both sides of the road.  May be too much pressure for that little lake.
It's stupendous!  It's colossal!  It's putrid!!

Offline Mike Oxlon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2021, 10:07 AM »
Parking lots are full every day and they are usually lined up the road. I live 10 mins down the road and won’t even go.  Garbage all over the ice. It’s sad

Offline Welshans32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2021, 10:19 AM »
Parking lots are full every day and they are usually lined up the road. I live 10 mins down the road and won’t even go.  Garbage all over the ice. It’s sad
Probably has something to do with it being the closest place to the city with ice

Offline conesusguysouth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2021, 10:40 AM »
that lake wont be able to handle the pressure and the garbage and parking will get it shut down. ive already heard of tickets for guys parking over the white line. my dad use to know a land owner bordering it and i fished it as a kid, its a beautiful area its sad people cant respect it. :-\

Offline Rippinlips89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2021, 02:27 PM »
I live 2 miles up the road from there in collins, there are pond hockey tournaments played on that lake so if you see a lot of cars parked along side the road that’s probably what’s going on. I was talking to a guy out on the ice two weeks ago who said his father in law is a DEC officer and he said they are planning a sticking program for clear lake. We will see.   Big crappie and perch can be caught.  Just have to weed through the dinks

Offline outfisherman1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2021, 06:55 PM »
It's a beautiful place to fish. It's very close for me. I'm not sure why they don't open the gate for more parking by the spillway. I feel it's so people are forced to park on the road and give tickets. Good money maker for the town. Hope everyone starts taking their own garbage out. It will screw it up for everyone. I'm glad to see all the money I have spent on hunting and fishing licenses go towards this new area. 

Offline Rippinlips89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2022, 03:26 AM »
Anybody been out at all? Went and checked the ice yesterday and popped a quick hole.  At least 10” of ice

Offline IceFever74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2022, 08:48 PM »
I heard there were quite a few folks out there yesterday but no one was catching much. There’s a lot of little fish in that lake.

Offline Rippinlips89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2022, 09:28 PM »
I heard there were quite a few folks out there yesterday but no one was catching much. There’s a lot of little fish in that lake.
thanks icefever, received Sam report from 2 of my buddies.  One fished there yesterday.  Didn’t catch anything. Another fished there last week and same story.  I live 5 minutes away and haven’t even tried to fish it , just not worth the effort for such little reward on that lake. Be nice if they stocked the lake with some walleye.  Plenty deep enough for them in there

Offline IceFever74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 04, 2022, 09:22 PM »
I too live about five minutes from the lake and with limited time in my schedule to fish, I’d much rather drive for an hour to somewhere with decent fish. It’s an absolutely beautiful place to fish. More of an Adirondack feel than southern Erie county. Just hard to find good fish there.

Offline Welshans32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 2023, 08:14 AM »
Anyone checked it out this week?

Offline Rippinlips89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2023, 01:41 PM »
Anyone checked it out this week?
Fished there this morning 6am-10am. 3 small crappie on plastics. Lot of lookers. Fish were very tight lipped.  Ice varies , 4-6” of mostly white ice.

Offline Bowhunter79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 18, 2024, 11:17 AM »
Anyone have an ice update of any kind? Any ice at all? Spudable? Appreciate any update. Thanks
Fish on! Ice Fishing Team Yamagoochy

Offline Rippinlips89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 18, 2024, 06:19 PM »
Anyone have an ice update of any kind? Any ice at all? Spudable? Appreciate any update. Thanks
last i heard was it was completely locked up  probably spuddable  we have about 10-12” of snow. that lake is over fished now, not even worth it anymore unless you plan on just pike or largemouth fishing. used to be some good crappie fishing in there

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.