Iowa > Ice Fishing Iowa

Storm Lake Ice

(1/2) > >>

rodeomarine21:
Is the lake thick enough for an ATV yet? I hate walking that far. Old, Fat, semi-lazy

Agronomist_at_IA:
I haven't fished storm lake on the ice this year. Before the blizzard I seen quite a few portable shacks out....not a lot but enough.

There was One wheeler out.....my guess is use caution and talk to the bait shop and check the ice. Storm never seems to get great ice.....just a little to far south.

Ice_Fly_Guy:
Saw a wheeler on Black Hawk yesterday.  Stands to reason that it should be at least in some areas at Storm.

Ice_Fly_Guy:
How's it been here?  I'm about a half hour away and I'm always tempted to head up to try, but I've been humbled by this lake many times.  Last time out, last year, around Frank Starr park, I got a skinny walleye and a decent perch around 10", and that was all.

Agronomist_at_IA:

--- Quote from: blakemohr on Jan 25, 2022, 03:14 PM ---How's it been here?  I'm about a half hour away and I'm always tempted to head up to try, but I've been humbled by this lake many times.  Last time out, last year, around Frank Starr park, I got a skinny walleye and a decent perch around 10", and that was all.

--- End quote ---

If you can't catch a walleye at storm......your in the wrong spot move. With the shallow areas and clear water from zebra Muscles with minimal snow......deeper areas with drop offs. plenty of those and humps where the dredge was. That dredge area by Frank Starr Park......I haven't had very much luck in that area....caught a few with the boat....but its definitely not a spot I bother with the boat unless all my other areas fail. I would suggest trying The serve cuts east of the big island, 70-75% of the fish I catch come from over there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version