New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SCHROON LAKE and Surrounding Ponds Thread  (Read 428809 times)

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: SCHROON LAKE and Surrounding Ponds Thread
« Reply #2970 on: Mar 15, 2021, 01:05 PM »
Good work per usual pat!

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2971 on: Mar 15, 2021, 01:40 PM »
Anyone know how access is looking at adarondak or the narrows? Assuming the narrows is getting questionable but don’t want to drive to the far side ADK to find the shores shot thanks

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2972 on: Mar 15, 2021, 01:46 PM »
Have not been down that way, plenty of guys fishing this weekend, near zero last night, same for tonight.
Tony

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2973 on: Mar 15, 2021, 02:13 PM »
Have not been down that way, plenty of guys fishing this weekend, near zero last night, same for tonight.

Down by the narrows?

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2974 on: Mar 16, 2021, 08:04 AM »
Down by the narrows?
Guess you didn’t want to try George?

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2975 on: Mar 16, 2021, 09:14 AM »
Guess you didn’t want to try George?

Did end up at George.  Outta harthstone.  Edges are sketchy but will hopefully be fine for a few hours, bite is  not happening though

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2976 on: Mar 16, 2021, 11:57 AM »

Did end up at George, bite is  not happening though

That's been my entire season ..... i hope it freezes next year!
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2977 on: Mar 16, 2021, 01:14 PM »

That's been my entire season ..... i hope it freezes next year!
Heard you guys had a couple atleast on Sunday john I wasn’t dealing with that wind, I pike fished and had a decent one last day of season so it was worth not braving the wind and tucking in

Offline pikeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2978 on: Mar 16, 2021, 02:41 PM »
Hate to ask,but any chance anyone knows if the shorelines are still alright at the narrows or southern end? Plan on taking a ride in a few days,I know the main ice should be fine. Would be nice to know that I won’t be stuck at the north end. Appreciate and replies or pms,I know a lot could have changed the past week.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2979 on: Mar 16, 2021, 02:44 PM »
Hate to ask,but any chance anyone knows if the shorelines are still alright at the narrows or southern end? Plan on taking a ride in a few days,I know the main ice should be fine. Would be nice to know that I won’t be stuck at the north end. Appreciate and replies or pms,I know a lot could have changed the past week.
Go back a page

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2980 on: Mar 16, 2021, 03:35 PM »
Heard you guys had a couple atleast on Sunday john I wasn’t dealing with that wind, I pike fished and had a decent one last day of season so it was worth not braving the wind and tucking in

Yeah i landed a few. Ironically when Zach stopped to talk before he bailed i had a stretch of decent action and I wasn’t paying enough attention and missed a bunch of opportunities. 

The wind wasn’t that bad until noon.

Stripers soon  @)
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #2981 on: Mar 17, 2021, 10:01 AM »
Yeah i landed a few. Ironically when Zach stopped to talk before he bailed i had a stretch of decent action and I wasn’t paying enough attention and missed a bunch of opportunities. 

The wind wasn’t that bad until noon.

Stripers soon  @)

Will be my final weekend on the ice this weekend. Will be out sat & sunday looking for some schroon gold so will keep you posted. If you can get monday off, ill be finishing my season with Bill on one of his favorite lakes.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2982 on: Mar 17, 2021, 08:09 PM »
Will be my final weekend on the ice this weekend. Will be out sat & sunday looking for some schroon gold so will keep you posted. If you can get monday off, ill be finishing my season with Bill on one of his favorite lakes.

I'm going to hit it the weekend after and call it a season. 

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #2983 on: Mar 18, 2021, 06:21 AM »
I'm going to hit it the weekend after and call it a season.

Will be out of town for last weekend of march otherwise id make that my last weekend on the ice. Always a bittersweet time of year

Offline Krocodile

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2984 on: Mar 18, 2021, 05:39 PM »
Fished out of Adirondack today. Access was good but stay close to the shoreline/right until you get past the big pressure crack 100 or so yards from shore. Had 10 inches of clear and 2 inches of white ice, main sheet was in good shape. When I drilled the chips were starting to come up in little square chunks and there was some air working its way through the ice. Got 8 trout in 50-60ft from 12-2:30. Spent the first 5 hours in 28-30ft and had fish come up and a few chase but they only nipped at the jig. All jigging, I do not own any tipups.

Offline S.Crawford

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2985 on: Mar 18, 2021, 06:24 PM »
Fished out of Adirondack today. Access was good but stay close to the shoreline/right until you get past the big pressure crack 100 or so yards from shore. Had 10 inches of clear and 2 inches of white ice, main sheet was in good shape. When I drilled the chips were starting to come up in little square chunks and there was some air working its way through the ice. Got 8 trout in 50-60ft from 12-2:30. Spent the first 5 hours in 28-30ft and had fish come up and a few chase but they only nipped at the jig. All jigging, I do not own any tipups.

Thanks for the update. Hoping to head there Saturday for my last day of the season. Sounds like you had a great day too!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2986 on: Mar 19, 2021, 08:41 AM »
Will be out of town for last weekend of march otherwise id make that my last weekend on the ice. Always a bittersweet time of year

You could hit BML in April. 

Offline tree-on

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2987 on: Mar 22, 2021, 10:38 AM »
Fished on the north end Sunday, Measured 15", about half was soft white ice, the rest darker. No fish. Shoreline ok, pressure crack out by the island. Be careful of drain-back holes, some were skimmed over with about an inch of ice in the morning.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2988 on: Mar 22, 2021, 01:04 PM »
Fished Saturday and Sunday 28 lakers between 3 people one day, 2 the next. all jigging. ice I found was 9-12” most being good. crossed a few gnarly ridges as well. some spots it was all just about white ice some spots black ice. the air bubbles are starting to seep almost to the bottom of the clear black. top 3” got soft and lost each day Saturday and Sunday. little worse on Sunday car said 62 when I left the lake at 2pm yesterday

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2989 on: Mar 22, 2021, 03:28 PM »
Fished Saturday and Sunday 28 lakers between 3 people one day, 2 the next. all jigging. ice I found was 9-12” most being good. crossed a few gnarly ridges as well. some spots it was all just about white ice some spots black ice. the air bubbles are starting to seep almost to the bottom of the clear black. top 3” got soft and lost each day Saturday and Sunday. little worse on Sunday car said 62 when I left the lake at 2pm yesterday

Nice work!  I was out there on Saturday as well.  The morning bite was hot and we ended up with 30 lakers between the two of us with the large majority of them coming from 630-930.  We picked up a few more later in the day but packed up around 130 once they became finicky.  Great way to end the hardwater season.  Looking forward to getting in the waders, taking the drift raft for a float and chasing something salty in the pedal drive.
westernmas on the finder

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2990 on: Mar 23, 2021, 06:02 AM »
Nice work!  I was out there on Saturday as well.  The morning bite was hot and we ended up with 30 lakers between the two of us with the large majority of them coming from 630-930.  We picked up a few more later in the day but packed up around 130 once they became finicky.  Great way to end the hardwater season.  Looking forward to getting in the waders, taking the drift raft for a float and chasing something salty in the pedal drive.

awesome work pat, was gunna mention your crush fest on my post but I figured you'd get back on here eventually, good work this year as I am done also will be casting for the first salty bass this weekend

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2991 on: Mar 23, 2021, 09:18 AM »
Nice work guys.  I'm staying up there this weekend but I am starting to think I may leave the ice gear at home.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2992 on: Mar 23, 2021, 01:35 PM »
Nice work guys.  I'm staying up there this weekend but I am starting to think I may leave the ice gear at home.
Hit the big lake your close enough already!

Offline adkoutdoorsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2993 on: Dec 27, 2021, 10:20 PM »
What’s the ice conditions on the north end of Schroon? Are the edges frozen yet? I’ve heard that Brant is starting to lock up and figured that Schroon must not be far behind. 

Offline Mikey Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2994 on: Dec 28, 2021, 06:35 AM »
still not yet
its skimming over but i cant imagine it being safe till the weekend after newyears

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2995 on: Dec 28, 2021, 11:15 AM »

It's starting.  Like this from Narrows north.
Tony

Offline adkoutdoorsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2996 on: Dec 28, 2021, 04:08 PM »

It's starting.  Like this from Narrows north.
Nice! Looks like it’ll be ready in a few weeks if the weather stays cold

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2997 on: Jan 05, 2022, 02:09 PM »

It's on boys...... I guess.  They went on at Fowler and stayed on the white area which has been frozen for over a week. The dark area froze 2 days ago. There was also someone south of the Island, but he must have come from the east shore.
Tony

Offline Bassmaster16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2998 on: Jan 08, 2022, 02:34 PM »
Anyone out behind Stewart’s today?

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2999 on: Jan 08, 2022, 07:00 PM »
Many guys out behind Stewart’s today

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum