Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1615558 times)

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #26340 on: Jan 21, 2022, 05:41 AM »
Morning all, 13° and spitting a few snowflakes here, we got a light dusting overnight, maybe a quarter inch. Forecast is 25 with sunshine later in the afternoon.

Yesterday went ok, not great. I was out on a small pond from about 8am-1215pm. Ice was 6-7.5" of good clear, and it was singing and popping all day. Actually had a pressure crack go right through my hole at one point... still makes my butt pucker a bit when that happens.

Ended up catching 11 gills that were mostly dinks, one little bass, and a decent crappie that was a touch over 11". I lost a couple more bass about the size of the one I caught at the bottom of the ice. The bite was pretty good until about 9am, then it slowed way down, and was dead by about 11:30.

mr.clean - I've got the money to buy a car, I'm just a cheapass  :roflmao:

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26341 on: Jan 21, 2022, 07:41 AM »
Waiting for the coffee here in the camper amd had 2 flags last night with first one at 130 and caught a good line, or burbot, the second at 330 with a dink Ling that went back. The blue tipz are nice just sleep until the alarm goes off. Hopefully more pictures later.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26342 on: Jan 21, 2022, 08:13 AM »
well today is started, Jake started off pounding my back with his feet, Like poke, poke, pause, poke poke You awake yet  ???

See some of Dave's weather is here, -2 like Marv should top out about 20, and may see some dusting of snow.

The thing with the camera will be a benefit for what company I may have, had a hand-me-down non color older AquaVu that finally gave up. As with the old one, being inside a shelter is a plus. Camera was quite useful when it shed light on what everyone assumed was a tree snag, turnout was a vehicle, laying on its top. A 2004 Mitsubishi that was finally traced to a pro hockey skater. Story went, he was off to a game in Dallas and returning home it was gone  ??? ::) :whistle: Yeah right Stolen ? doubt it, skater's home state Minnesota, and used to driving on ice.  ;D

got lots of loose ends to tend to today before making plans on so many places to try to get to, to  :icefish: before my reels run out of line.

pleasant day to all. as WW says, stay safe and healthy.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #26343 on: Jan 21, 2022, 11:44 AM »
Good day it was ten degrees outside before I logged-in and started reading this morning's 9:45 posts so may have warmed up a degree or two headed to a high of twenty. light wind currently drop to single  digits tonight with single digit sub-zero wind chill. I see late 1970's-early 1980's rock star "Meat Loaf"" passed away at the age of 74. Ten day forecast looks good for ice making in my area.
Ice Wanderer don't blame you for waiting fishing several hours in sub-zero wind chills is taxing on the body also will give lake George time to build more ice. happy birthday wishes sent for Son #3.
Eddie Birthday wishes and congratulations sent for your mom may she have a good day tomorrow. I also forget at times that i'm eligible for AARP membership my body gives me a reminder the next day. best to you and your boys if you get out on Great Sacandaga . Whopper Stopper and Mr.Turkey can probably give you better advice then me on snowshoes.
Hunts2long this period of colder weather should benefit certain Winter themed businesses in the Adirondacks as people come to do various outdoor activities. may the bill for servicing your Jeep not be to high.
Whopper Stopper with the amount of fishing your doing this season and temperature your area has or can see a 20# tank is a better option then the 1# tanks for your heater.  may the weather forecast be correct so travel to and from Shamu does not get difficult. best to you at the dentist.
wallyworld I agree about cleaning off any moving your vehicle think possibly some of the cars towed belonged to residents who are in their late seventies and older and no longer able to clean and shovel out. We also have folks who commute to NYC for work some may have stayed in the City even though it was a Holiday weekend. whatever the case make arrangements to avoid towing and it's costs. Best to you on Monday's fishing trip.
Zcm-82 thank you for the photos and report from your trip. nothing wrong with being frugal you also have future college costs for your son to keep in mind.
Fish/hunt4ever congratulations on catching the ling/burbot. best to you today at the derby.
IFF pets will let you know when they want to be feed or have some attention. Interesting story about finding a sunken car once with your old camera and who the vehicle's owner turned out to be,thank you.

Have a good Friday kep warm stay safe and healthy. Keep alert out on the ice especially when fishing in areas where ice cover has recently formed I seen a few rescue stories on my local news.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26344 on: Jan 21, 2022, 11:53 AM »
Not super cold today but that wind sure has a bite to it.
-23 with -45 wind chill.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26345 on: Jan 21, 2022, 12:10 PM »
Dave is that what causes "Cabin Fever"  ???
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26346 on: Jan 21, 2022, 12:44 PM »
Nah, it causes naps on the sofa.  ;D

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26347 on: Jan 21, 2022, 05:01 PM »
oh  now i don't feel bad, been wanting to take naps too !
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26348 on: Jan 21, 2022, 08:04 PM »
Well slow day today but got a couple fish and missed a couple here and there.

Now to see what tonight brings hopefully they bite tonight.

Lights from campers south of me. There are no lights around the lake either.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26349 on: Jan 21, 2022, 08:22 PM »
FH4 that one is good eating but sure is ugly :roflmao:
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26350 on: Jan 22, 2022, 04:54 AM »
Good morning every one :bow:

14 degrees, light snow and a howling wind.

Fish nice pictures  :thumbsup:

Z...Nice pictures and a good haul :thumbsup:

I had a fun afternoon in Shamu yesterday afternoon.

I had just put a minnow down on the dead stick when a dandy bass came through the hole, my guess it about 20”, unfortunately it didn’t have any interest, and swam off.

Shortly after a guy came over and asked if I cared to spear a np? He saw one about 28” and speared it. The rope on his spear broke and both the spear and the fish were lying on the bottom of the lake. I had my spear in the truck so I gave it to him; he re-speared the np then brought my spear back. He was very thankful

I had a rattle trap on for over an hour and saw nothing. I switched from a fire tiger green to a Fire tiger red and still didn’t see any. Another bass came in to look at it, but eventually left.

I decided to use a Swedish Jigging Rap and immediately a np came in but wouldn’t commit. I saw 2 more before I put on a small Rapala Slab Rap. Immediately a walleye came in and swallowed it. Two others   came in and hammered the Rap. Of course all of them were a tad short short....

A very nice pike (12#?) came through the hole and I thought it was going to hit the dead stick but it kept going. I saw a total of about 8 np.

That was my afternoon. Even though it is Saturday I am planning on going back this morning. With the light snow and blowing wind it's almost a white out. I will have to go out in a bit and see how rough it is.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup:

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26351 on: Jan 22, 2022, 05:16 AM »
Morning all, 15° and clear here. Forecast is 32° with a bit of snow tonight into tomorrow.

Gonna head over to a pond as soon as it starts getting light. Talked to the old man last night, he may come  out with me later if his back is feeling up to it. His health has been pretty poor this past year, so he hasn't been on the ice yet this winter.

WS - sounds like a pretty good day, hope you can make it out again today.

fish/hunt4ever - the ones you got look pretty nice, though.  :thumbsup:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26352 on: Jan 22, 2022, 05:29 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....good luck, hope the fish gods are smiling on you today  :icefish:

FH4....nice pics, hope the night bite was on  :clap:

Z....sorry to hear your car's beyond fixing  :-\  fingers crossed it limps along for another 10,000 miles or more  ;)

IW....news said the ice castles will be opening soon, planning to visit  ???

IFF....naps are always good, bet Jake's a champion at them  :woot:

Eddie.....snowshoes can definitely make the walk in deep snow easier  ;)2

Drifter....with your temps I'd never leave the couch  :roflmao:

-8* this morning, the house is creaking and cracking  ::)  nothing much planned for today, have a FD dinner to attend tonight  :)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26353 on: Jan 22, 2022, 05:36 AM »
-12 but may go to mid-teens today.
Mr. C, yesterday they only changed the oil, but did have to order a gas tank sensor. They have to pull the back seat to replace it. They had one of the new Jeep Wagoneer's on the lot but it was too cold for me to go look at it. It was 75k, they had sold the one with the bells on. ($108,000)
F/H4, thanks for sharing the pictures.
WS, sounds like you had some active fish around the hole. Has to be a lot of fun just watching them. Good luck today.
Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26354 on: Jan 22, 2022, 05:47 AM »
They had one of the new Jeep Wagoneer's on the lot but it was too cold for me to go look at it. It was 75k, they had sold the one with the bells on. ($108,000)
Have a good day and be safe....h2l

Those prices are INSANE   :o :wacko: :blink: :cookoo:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #26355 on: Jan 22, 2022, 05:50 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  -10* this am, winds are fairly calm, high in the teens today.

Marv…another good trip at Shamu yesterday, you picked a great spot to setup on!   :clap:  Nice job helping out the fisherman…hope that good karma pays out with a banner trip today…best of luck, will be looking forward to your adventure!   :thumbsup: :bow:
  FH4…congrats on the catching and thanks for sharing the pictures! Best of luck with today’s fishing to you all.   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Dave…you’re about the only person I kind of know who says that -24* isn’t super cold….love it!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup: Stay warm mister!
  Steve…thanks for all the info in your message, very much appreciated Sir!   :thumbsup:  Heard that news about MeatLoaf yesterday, they claim he used to put on a heck of a show…may he RIP now.
  Bud…that was one heck of a good find on the camera! I know a few guys who have used them to find and recover an auger and phones…but never a car before!
Great story, thanks for sharing!   :clap:
   Z…glad that ice is holding and you’re getting a bunch of trips in…congratulations on the catching, keep up the good work!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally…will be looking forward to the maiden voyage, hope you land on the honey hole Monday!   Enjoy the dinner tonight!  :thumbsup:
  H2…talk about sticker shock on new vehicles, wow, mortgage payment on wheels!   ;D
  Jeff…what’s on the planner today? 

Thank you all for the B’Day wishes for my Mom, will pass them on at breakfast shortly.   :thumbsup:
  Tried another local lake yesterday for the last few hours of the afternoon. Didn’t do too bad, kept 6 nice Gills for a small fry and released probably double that of dinks. Was hoping to hang out for an hour or so after sunset, but ran out of spikes. It was fun getting out anyway and enjoying the little lake to myself.   ;D
  Cawfee’s still hot…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26356 on: Jan 22, 2022, 06:13 AM »

Not super cold today but that wind sure has a bite to it.
-23 with -45 wind chill.

Catching up to you Dave..  ;D

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26357 on: Jan 22, 2022, 08:06 AM »
Lindsay just called to tell us she tested + on Thursday. She said she just feels tired.
Only a couple groups out on the ice this morning. Still -13*...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26358 on: Jan 22, 2022, 08:14 AM »
Hope she feels better Doug..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26359 on: Jan 22, 2022, 10:51 AM »
Another day another............... ...................... ..

And more awesome news. My buddy tested + for COVID yesterday after we had spent 1/2 an hour chewing the fat.
He had to get tested after his wife tested + earlier in the day. Now I wait to see if I get it again.  :'(

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26360 on: Jan 22, 2022, 10:57 AM »
H2L....prayers for Lindsay, hoping she remains with only mild symptoms  :(

Drifter.....fingers crossed you remain free of any reinfections  :-\

Thoughts and prayers to all dealing with family/friends/self dealing with covid, guess when "they" say everyone will get infected sooner or later "they" aren't wrong  :unsure:

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26361 on: Jan 22, 2022, 02:42 PM »
Night bite not good but still had one flag, missed what ever hit it and lost a couple minnows so far. Been fun so far just not a lot of fish.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #26362 on: Jan 22, 2022, 07:38 PM »
Good evening 15 degrees outside headed to nights forecast low of 13,high today was 23 thankfully winds speed was low. Some more excitement here at my condo complex received phone call around 6:10 PM water shut off to one of the buildings broken pipe ,plumber on-site hopefully now repaired and water service restored. talking with a neighbor today he commented on the temperature i said this is nice compared to a friend i have in Yellow Knife ,Canada it was minus 60 F with the windchill the other day. She replied I can't image what that must feel like i said basically stay in your home weather.
Whopper Stopper if you ventured out today may you have gotten to and back from Shamu safely with the "White Out" conditions.. Good job helping the other fisherman/spearer may your kindness be rewarde with some nice size walleyes or big Northern pike. Thank you for the photo.
Zcm-82 I hope your dad was able to join you for a few hours today and if so you both caught some fish of legal size.
Wallyworld mayeveryone in attendence have enjoyed the F.D. dinner. may there have been no service call outs during the event.
 Remember to have your house keys on you when headed out to restock the wood boiler so you don't  get locked out of the house in this cold. Best to both of you this Monday hope the new trailer makes things easier for both of you.
Hunts2long may Lindsay recover quickly and her bout with Covid be mild. Also may your wife and you not show any virus symptoms. Holy sticker shock on the Wrangler's price. Guess i will never own a new Jeep. Mechanics must love the car designer's /engineers when they have to due certain repair jobs.
Eddie may you mom have enjoyed whatever celebration you had for her Birthday. glad I could be of some help. You will find another message in your In-box info. on snowshoes. Enjoy the blue gills.
Raquettedacker hope all is good with the family and you. guessing your area might be the coldest in the state of NY. Thanks once again for posting the information i sent you on the two ice fishing contests
Drifter sorry to read about your friend and his wife best to both of them. May you have anti-bodies from your bout with Covid and any vaccine shots and stay healthy.  may there be some hockey games for you to watch will staying warm in your house and now self isolate..
Fish/hunt4ever thank you for the report may the fishing pick up for all of you before the contest ends. Nice photos of your children with the fish. Assume the minnow in photo is one og your bait fish. good sized and looking bait.
Speaking of Covid Mr. Turkey may you bee recovered miss your posts and stories.
Icefisher-45 i hope the new Year has been a good one so far for your wife and you.

prayers for all dealing with Covid may all infected make quick recoveries and have no lingering health problems. Keep Warm and in the words of Babe Winkleman Good Fishing to all of you.
  Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26363 on: Jan 22, 2022, 11:33 PM »
 :'(  :'(  Now it's GO CHIEFS, 

Made it up Madison, hooked up with OG, took the camera out, and lake we went on the visibility only about 3 feet, but did see what was on the bottom, Grass like weeds. A special Thanks to Dennis for supplying the skies for Smitty sleds. As well as a working flasher to pass on to my SIL  :bow: :bow: :thumbsup: Lumber yard here I come

Was just out to my truck and see 2" of new powder.

Posted up in a ebike thread and shared picture of my setup, had forgotten how easy it was to go long distance across ice with that setup. Might have to break it out if facing long walk  :unsure: :whistle:

Dave -50, no thank you, hope the bug doesn't taking a liking to you.

almost pillow time take care all.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #26364 on: Jan 23, 2022, 02:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and cloudy 15*, high of 25 forecasted here today.

Just a quick hello and a fresh pot of Cawfee ready and waiting….heading out shortly for a trip with my youngest son and a buddy of his. Will check in later to see how everyone is doing…maybe even a live report from the ice.   ;D

H2…best wishes to Lindsay and keeping the fingers crossed the virus doesn’t spread to you and your wife… hope the symptoms are mild and the recovery is quick, keeping you all in thoughts and prayers today.   :thumbsup:

Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing! 

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #26365 on: Jan 23, 2022, 04:17 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER;s,
                          It's 3* and clear up here on my hill. ::)
                          Eddie.......Good luck to you and your son, where are you headed or is it a secrete. ??? lol :roflmao:
                          Bud.........The cameras have a good use if the water is clear, just finding out if there are weeds helps in finding Panfish. :flex:
                          H2l..........My prayers are sent out to Lindsay, hopefully her symptoms are mild. As I heard on the news, Dr. Fauci stated that
                Everyone one is going to get covid, it's inevitable. :whistle: Good luck at the lanes tonight. :thumbsup:
                          Fish.........Congratul ations to your son, nice picture. :clap:
                          Wally.......I hope the F.D. dinner went well. :flex:
                          Steve......When I first moved up here from California the temps got down as -35 and the first January it never got up above 0 the whloe
                month. :o
                          Dom........Good luck with the fishing contest. :thumbsup: :flex:
                          Marv........I hope you found your way to Shamu through the white out? ???
                          I lost 2 post yesterday so I gave up. I went for a ride and saw a lot of people out on Lake George So tomorrow will be my first trip
                of many. Eddie you should come up.
                          I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26366 on: Jan 23, 2022, 04:52 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

-5 to start the day.

Just a quick "Hello"!  as I get ready to do  snow detail. I plan on going to Shamu for a few hours once the white stuff is taken care of.

Yesterday was poor by all accounts. I hope this morning things are different.

Best of luck to everyone fishing :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26367 on: Jan 23, 2022, 06:30 AM »
11* and cloudy, pink to the East.
Lindsay is doing fine. Bored but fine. The rules say she is to stay out of work for 5 days but no one can tell her if it is 5 days from being exposed, 5 days from being tested or 5 days from getting the results. She wants FACTS!!!
The cold yesterday kept most of the fishermen away but the sleds, atv's and side x side were everywhere. It has been a few years since good ice.
Eddie, hope you find some fish.
WS, good luck out in Shamu.
Mr. C, I have owned at least 10+ jeeps, they have all been good to me, but looking at prices today, pretty sure this is my last one. It will out last me.
IW, be safe out on LG today.
Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26368 on: Jan 23, 2022, 06:51 AM »
Morning all, 33° and snowing a bit here at the moment. Temp is supposed to start dropping amd be down into the low 20s with spotty snow all day. Looks like we picked up maybe an inch overnight.

Yesterday's trip was a mixed bag... I ended up getting 17 gills between 7:30 and 11am, but I also knocked my drill down a hole and lost it when I was anchoring the fish house  :-\

Welp, just ony way out the door to go hit the same pond again.

mr.clean - he ended up sleeping in, so he didn't come. I had called him right when I got set up, but he didn't call back until I was already done and on my way home.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26369 on: Jan 23, 2022, 06:57 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....good luck to you and the "boys"  ;)2

WS....hope you have a better day today, maybe the snow will turn the eyes on  :icefish:

IW.....winters certainly have changed over the years  :blink: good luck tomorrow  :tipup:

IFF....I had an old aqu-vue camera, totally useless with the lack of water clarity on the local lakes  ::)

H2L....glad to hear Lindsay's not "sick"  :clap:  think it's 5 days from the test results  ???

MrC....we were guests at a neighboring FD's installation banquet last night, they had guys from our department covering their district while the banquet was going on, only had 1 lift assist call  :thumbsup:

Z.....glad you had a good day, minus the drill  :whistle:

Will be loading our gear in the trailer today, looking forward to finally getting out  :icefish: :thumbsup:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.