Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan

Swan Lake in Allegan??

(1/2) > >>

IceMan74:
Does anyone know much about swan Lake in Allegan.  We juts bought a cabin up there and no nothing about the lake.  We didn't even get to fish it this fall.  I am a big ice fisherman so anytips and info you could give me would be great.

Kziceman:

--- Quote from: IceMan74 on Dec 12, 2005, 05:16 PM ---Does anyone know much about swan Lake in Allegan.  We juts bought a cabin up there and no nothing about the lake.  We didn't even get to fish it this fall.  I am a big ice fisherman so anytips and info you could give me would be great.

--- End quote ---
Swan is a good pike lake...there is usually an ice fishing contest for pike at least once during the winter. (check with the bait store in Merson corners) There are also perch in the lake but have never found the big ones and lots of bass.

IceMan74:
Would you happen to know the phone number to that bait shop??  ANd would you happen to know if the ice is safe on there yet??

Kziceman:
Don't know about the ice at Swan...it is probably like the rest of the lakes around here...2-4 inches. A lot of lakes have  spots of honeycomb which makes them unsafe. I fished Sugarlaof last Sunday in close, then a kid went through on Monday chasing his model airplane. I tried to go deeper on Wednesday but it thins out fast. The recent snow has not helped.

I'll let you know about the Pike tournaments. A guy named Rich is in charge of them.. he is somehow connedted to the Party Store/bait store at Mersons Corners. I don't know the name of the store but I'm working on it...let ou know then. All tournaments are on lakes in Allegan County. Also there are Musky in Swan...I think they combined Pike and Musky last year. It usually costs $10 to enter and $5 for the optional "side" contest...usually bass (released quickly), walleye or musky. Payout is for the first 3 places (biggest fish) and one payout for the "side". The tournaments are 100% payout. There is a raffle at the end of the tournament..prizes have been everything from ice shanty's, filet knives, augers, poles, buckets to a handwarmer.

It is a good time...Rich(and his wife) do an excellent job. More details later.

IceMan74:
Alrighty thanks alot for the info if you find out more info on any of the turnys up there please let me know.  I think that store is caled the "PARTY STORE"  it sells pretty much everytihng.  Maybe we can meet up there some time so you can show me the ropes up there and if there is any differences between fishing the lakes up there and the lakes back home in NW Indiana.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version