Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Safety

Safety Equipment

(1/3) > >>

smontague:
Just a quick thought, or question for my fellow shantymen,

What kind of safety gear( picks, axe, PFD, first aid or whatever ) do all you portable guys and static shanty guys keep with them on the ice?

Also, on a side note, I know in the spring I said I was going to get a Lowrance ice machine, but I think I'm going to go with the Humminbird ICE345C. Looks like a sharp little machine.

Cheers. :tipup:

surflizard:
Safety Things I bring !

First and foremost, My Arctic Armor Suit.

100' hank of 1/2" poly rope with a toss weight on it, just in case !

Cell in a zip lock and yaktracks even if I don't need them !

Small first aid kit, 2 people last season, were glad I had it !

3rd_Geer:
Last year I bought a Mustang integrity float coat, one piece of safety equipment that I will always have on me now during early ice, hopefully I never have to use it. I also have picks and a 100" length of rope with a boat seat cushion tied to it.  A GPS is also a must when on big water, they are indispensable when a storm kicks up.  My brother is in the Coast Guard and pulls alot of people off Saginaw Bay every year that didn't take basic safety gear with them.

Mainedog:
I usually bring my auger....I drill test holes as I walk/drive out .... if I don't see others already out there...

MEMAGGIENCOMET:
I take ice picks , 25' of rope and my creepers.  For early and late ice I never wear my jacket or bibs as I walk out. Heavy clothes can soak up a lot of water and weigh you down if you went though. I have always just put them on as needed when I get to my fishing spot

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version