Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Safety

Ice shack reflectors and safety lights

(1/2) > >>

Buckeye Fan:
There have been a few close calls with snow mobiles and ice shacks on our lake.  Alcohol and snow mobiles can be a problem.  How do you guys protect your shacks, warning lights or reflector tape?  Just looking for ideas.  Ice is almost thick enough here in northern Illinois and I can't wait.  Just want to be visible to guys flying by snow mobiles. 

adkRoy:
Buy those reflectors at your hardware or tractor store and put them on the sides of your shack. Put several on each side incase snow covers up 1 or 2 of them.

ice dawg:
I have reflectors on all sides of my wheel house and a yellow flashing light that I can turn on if I feel it is necessary. I have never felt the need for the flashing light, but I do turn it on so friends can find my shack on some of the larger lakes.

jimyoumook:
i have some elcheapo LED lights that i hang on the out side of my portable if im out before or after daylight

Wiener:

--- Quote from: ice dawg on Dec 06, 2010, 08:27 AM ---I have reflectors on all sides of my wheel house and a yellow flashing light that I can turn on if I feel it is necessary. I have never felt the need for the flashing light, but I do turn it on so friends can find my shack on some of the larger lakes.

--- End quote ---

Excellent Idea!!!

I'll have to try this one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version