Wyoming > Ice Fishing Wyoming

Burbot

(1/4) > >>

rgwaldron:
What's the best lake in Wyoming for burbot? I went to the burbot bash last year at flaming gorge but was far from successful.  I wasn't really sure what to look for and I don't have anything to get around with like a snow machine or snow dog so I'm only good for a mile or two from a launch point. The few I caught were delicious and I'd love to catch more if anyone could offer any advice or spots. The closer to Colorado the better. I wish we had them down here.

thanks,

POk3s:
Flaming gorge is still your best option. Or you can try fontenelle. I would suggest just switching locations at the gorge to something different.

Shameless plug- here’s a video I did at the gorge catching burbot. It’s also the best night I’ve ever had so don’t think it’s easy! I like setting up where the cliffs start to give way to a sloping bank. A lot of people like being right by the cliffs in the steep stuff and evidently do good, but I don’t…

i=yL2CVgVbyY07S_pP

musclewhitefish:
Generally speaking tournaments are tougher to catch them.

So many people on the ice drilling a ton of holes which means there is a ton of bait in the water.

Generally, first safe ice is one of the better times to go and catch them.

The Gorge, Fontenelle, and Boysen would be the big three to try.

Hillsfisher:
I have never caught a burbot myself, but it is certainly on my bucket list.  Someday I want to come over and give it a shot (I am in the SD Black Hills).  So, any advice is welcome!  As always, awesome video Trent! 

POk3s:

--- Quote from: Hillsfisher on Dec 19, 2023, 09:53 PM ---I have never caught a burbot myself, but it is certainly on my bucket list.  Someday I want to come over and give it a shot (I am in the SD Black Hills).  So, any advice is welcome!  As always, awesome video Trent!

--- End quote ---

Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version