The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Tragedy--> All my ice gear from my house to my flasher all gone.  (Read 12046 times)

Offline gened

• IceShanty Rookie
So people on this forum offer their condolences for days and people offer you help with equipment.  It has been about 28 hours since you announced the "miracle on ice" and you can't find the time to share with them what happened?

I realize I am new here and should perhaps exercise some decorum; but what was the comment the guy from Michigan got castigated for?

Offline Wenger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Wife cleaned and organized the garage? No, that has never happened in the history of guys.

Offline PerchPounderMT

• Team IceShanty Addict
Maybe hes in jail after recovering his gear....
Dont ask

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
castigated is better than castrated...guy from Michigan called him a drama queen......why is clam being so clammy..maybe he is out of town....or ..start the conspiracy theories..

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
Maybe hes in jail after recovering his gear....
that is a very interesting theory...but I am sure the nightly news would be all over that...especially if some ass whopin took place...

Offline Chadx

• IceShanty Rookie
Or just building suspense, perhaps?! ha.

Offline CarpCopRetired

• IceShanty Rookie
On the bright side, maybe, just maybe, I might  not be the biggest jerk on this forum after all… :bow: :bow:
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, but not in your favorite fishin’ hole…

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
there's some pretty big jerks on this forum...myself included....lol....but seriously ice fishin folk are some of the kindest  folk you'd ever meet....willing to help out in times of need..thats why this clam issue has so many of us with our panties in a bunch....

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
Who's gonna text him and find out? :whistle:

Offline Mt.Bucket

• Team IceShanty Addict
Maybe he smoked to much and forgot what lake he left it on.
Live Free Or Die.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Who's gonna text him and find out? :whistle:

Idahogator did yesterday. No reply.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Idahogator did yesterday. No reply.

Yup.  Now it's time to put the dogs on him.     :%$#!: :roflmao:

These are cute little yappy dogs with muzzles.  They are excellent trail dogs, we just need find him as, he may be in a predicament and need our help.    ;)2

Offline Wenger

• Team IceShanty Regular
The answer shall be revealed when March is past but before April be but a day gone.

Actually I don't really care too much at this point. ::)

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
Yup.  Now it's time to put the dogs on him.     :%$#!: :roflmao:
[/quotas as a  blue tic hound owner....putting the dogs on him can have a pretty intense interpretation....what do you know gator????  hound him for information??? or tree hound him???

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
ok gator..that makes sense....sweet lovable houndin..vs treein yelpin houndin...got it!!!

Offline PerchPounderMT

• Team IceShanty Addict
39 POSTS SINCE 2009,Probably checks in once a month.
Dont ask

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
but 6 of those were in a 72 hour window.....I hope you are right.....I am hoping for a good end to this story....

Offline ClamGuide

• IceShanty Rookie
Wow!

I guess a guy cant go to work for a few days without checking in on Ice Shanty!

Through networking I was able to recover my gear.  I had told a friend about my misfortune.  Exactly two weeks later she talked to her cousin.  Turned out that he had found the ice house.  She gave him my number and he texted me.  I drove an hour and all my gear was there.  I gave the gentleman my best ice pole setup.

PS:  I did not receive any gear from any member of the ice shanty.  Even know they were kind enough to lend or give me everything I would have needed.

Offline vicster

• Team IceShanty Addict
"found it".....?

Offline ClamGuide

• IceShanty Rookie
My tail gate will come down.  I have 2 bungee cord affixed to the tail gate in case it ever opens.  Guess they were not good enough when a guy drives like an ass.  I have been all over to all sorts of lakes with my tail gate in this condition and never had a problem. 

Offline ClamGuide

• IceShanty Rookie
Alright I'm ready!

Go ahead and call me an idiot.  I know!  \

Offline ClamGuide

• IceShanty Rookie
I will give more details. 

I had a sheriff look at the video footage from a local grocery store.  He said I was parked out of view of the security cameras.  This did not sit well with me.  I contacted the store manager a week later and got her to look at the video closer and she was able to tell me that the ice house was not in the back of my pick up when I pulled in.  The previous store I visited said that the video was clear and no one approached my pickup.  So I know the man did not steal my gear.  I was very lucky to get my stuff back, no game here. 

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Only if you didn't learn anything from this episode....
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
ok.. i'll bite.....if someone knows they have bungees holding up their tailgate...and they get home and their tailgate is down and all their gear is gone...wouldn't it be logical that it flew out along the highway..not stolen..glad you got your gear back...

Offline ClamGuide

• IceShanty Rookie
Yes it would and I did not dismiss this from happening.  The bungee cord pulled the tailgate closed.  When I filed the police report I had indicated that this was a possibility.  There were shovels and they did not shift back in my pick up.  I figured that would have moved back.  I also figure if someone found my gear that they would call in to the police.  This did not happen.  Bottom line I made a mistake.   

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society

Bottom line, I made a mistake.   

It seems an honest one, Guide.  So glad you have all your gear back.    ;)2

I'll guess at this ~ your name and contact number are on all sides of each piece of equipment.    :unsure:

And maybe a few additions to the tailgate, ha.    :woot:

Have a good and productive season man !

:icefish:

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
Glad you got your gear back!!!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Guess we can call off Scooby and the gang .Glad you were able to retrieve your gear .... two words ratchet straps.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline elksecutioner

• IceShanty Rookie
Glad you got your stuff back!  I hope the embarrassment wears off soon.

Offline gadgetman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bottom line is you got your stuff back...COOL.   :)
The worse day fishing is still better than the best day working!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.