Author Topic: Bobbers  (Read 2186 times)

Offline 24-7 Fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
Bobbers
« on: Jan 30, 2012, 09:27 AM »
Any recomendations for a good bobber for perch?  I like to use the smallest slip bobber I can get away with.

Offline badsparky

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bobbers
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2012, 08:10 PM »
Personally I like spring bobbers instead of using a floater.  They don't get in the way and they are super sensitive.

Offline wngnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2012, 02:31 PM »
I use Thill slip bobbers with the dacron string bobber stops. I find the rubber stops get caught on the tip and need to be re-set all the time.

Offline gillyman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2012, 10:52 PM »
I like spring bobbers way much.  I think they are the difference often.  But if they are too long you have to move the rod 4 inches before you start to set the hook.
We used to use hardware store corks split half way through with a razor blade.  They will pop off if reeled against the rod tip.  but often we were shallow enough to just lift them clear of the hole.  We painted them black to absorb the sunlight and keep the hole open. ;)
Cheap and could be trimmed to match the weight of the jig.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2012, 10:34 AM »
I like Venom Floats because they are easy to put on or take off of my line like an Ice Buster bobber. They are also adjustable for the weight of the lure for neutral buoyancy and can also be set to sink very slowly which can be deadly at times. Think about what it would be like to let your bait slowly sink down to where the fish are waiting.   http://venomfloats.com/
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline badsparky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2012, 11:31 AM »
The spring bobbers on my frabil poles are only about an inch long.  They are actually springs not the piano wire style.

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2012, 09:22 PM »
I might go with a rubber-band stopper  bobber    next  season   or  we will have to see if we get  more colder    temps   
smile it makes others wonder what your up to

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.