The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Question about Strikemaster 40V  (Read 652 times)

Offline TheLionsFan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Question about Strikemaster 40V
« on: Jan 29, 2021, 07:21 PM »
Hey guys. Finally got to use my new Strikemaster 40V auger a few days ago, although only a few holes. It went through the ice like butter.

However, today I took it out and had some issues. Can’t tell if it was operator error or if it was an ice condition thing or what.

So what was happening (of course after I bragged this auger up and now had an audience), is as I was drilled through the ice the auger would act like it would jam up and completely stop.  I’d have to back it out and re do it.  It’s like the auger would get stuck on something.  This happened in almost every hole I drilled, except maybe one or two.  It would go down about 4-5” no problem then all of a sudden she would just jam up and completely stop. 

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Re: Question about Strikemaster 40V
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2021, 07:50 PM »
Were you hitting a heavy slush layer in the ice, I used to have that problem with gas auger.  It would hit a heavy slush layer between the ice and do that. 
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline TheLionsFan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Question about Strikemaster 40V
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2021, 08:04 PM »
Were you hitting a heavy slush layer in the ice, I used to have that problem with gas auger.  It would hit a heavy slush layer between the ice and do that.

It’s possible. Here in Michigan we’ve had freezing, then thawing, then freezing..etc.   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.