The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Strikemaster Solo kills after warmed up  (Read 684 times)

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Strikemaster Solo kills after warmed up
« on: Jan 22, 2019, 04:29 PM »
Hey Guys, I have a strikemaster solo 142 auger and starts fine for the most part. The problem I seem to have is once it I've drilled a few holes and its warmed up it will kill on me unless I'm giving a little gas, have to give it some gas then also when re starting. Does the idle need to be adjusted or something else?  I'm fairly handy but have to admit I have never adjust an idle before  :unsure: I know its just a high and low screw but not sure where they are located or which to adjust.  Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Strikemaster Solo kills after warmed up
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2019, 05:43 PM »
Kills at idle? Like walking between holes?

Before you mess with any mix screws, adjust the idle stop so it idles at a little higher rpm and see if that fixes it. It will usually be a screw with a spring on it on your carb where the throttle line hooks up. Turn clockwise to increase RPM at idle. You want it so the engine runs smooth but doesn't spin the auger.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Strikemaster Solo kills after warmed up
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2019, 10:34 PM »
Kills at idle? Like walking between holes?

Before you mess with any mix screws, adjust the idle stop so it idles at a little higher rpm and see if that fixes it. It will usually be a screw with a spring on it on your carb where the throttle line hooks up. Turn clockwise to increase RPM at idle. You want it so the engine runs smooth but doesn't spin the auger.

Yup at idle between holes. I'll give that look for that and give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.