The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Any Info. on Devils lake headed there from NE!  (Read 2305 times)

Offline gillslayer22

• IceShanty Rookie
Any Info. on Devils lake headed there from NE!
« on: Jan 04, 2009, 08:24 PM »
We're headed to devils lake on the 11th for our annual trip from Nebraska. Have heard theres a lot more snow this year wondering if there will be any problem with a 4-wheeler getting around with all the snow. Any fishing reports or what structure to look for would also be appreciated.

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Any Info. on Devils lake headed there from NE!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2009, 07:42 AM »
Havent been to Devils lake yet this year, but due to local conditions I can safely say that you will need something with tracks to get around.. we have had a lot of snow.  We fished Lake Audubon yesterday... snow is so deep you cant drive 4x4 trucks.  Also bring warm clothes.. -23F fishing last night, and its -33F in Grand Forks right now.  Its like the winter of '97....

Offline thorson

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2009, 02:28 PM »
Try doschguides.com and fishingbuddy.com good folks and Jeff is a great guide if you are looking for some extra help!!
Life is short, fish hard!

Offline dldeadstick

• IceShanty Rookie
  • NW Angle Blizzard
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2009, 09:49 PM »
I also haven't been out yet, but my brother and some friends have - LOTS of snow, but they have started plowing trails.  A snowmobile would sure be nice, but you may be able to make due driving on the trails and pulling portables off.  The fishing's been good - check out those sites the last guy mentioned.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.