The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: re-darkening a hub roof  (Read 2832 times)

Offline Martian

• Team IceShanty Addict
re-darkening a hub roof
« on: Jan 01, 2019, 01:16 PM »
 I have a hub, with a black roof, that I spear out of.it is getting to where it lets a bit more light in then I would like, mostly, I think I am going to be siloueted then to bright. what do you guys use to darken up the material? I am assuming the material is just getting stressed from being set up, and taken down a hundred times. I have even considered a second layer on the inside, but might be tricky to get up there, and not sure how I would secure it.  It is not insulated

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Re: re-darkening a hub roof
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2019, 01:58 PM »
Aerosol undercoating or bedliner?
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline bowmandan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2019, 03:49 PM »
Black flex seal

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2019, 07:46 AM »
One might consider adding a second layer on the outside.  Nothing permanent, something like a rainfly for a summer time tent. Just a piece of black fabric with a few bungees secured to the perimeter. Throw it over the hub shelter and hook the bungees to the strap eyes anchoring the hub shelter.  Make the "fly" as big or small as needed to cover the area.
take care,
Dave  :>)

Offline Martian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2019, 11:01 AM »
 actually, I have an old tent that got worn out, and the rain fly is fine, and may give that a try, if things ever ice over here

Offline Knife2sharp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2019, 10:15 PM »
You could use black duck cloth, which is like a stiff cotton fabric that is similar to Carhart denim. I've used it on hunting blind window flaps, on the exterior facing side, so you can open a flap with less detection from game because it goes from black to black. The founders of Double Bull started doing that to their later models.

I attached mine by hand sewing them, but you don't need to stitch the entire perimeter, just the corners, or you could use safety pins.
I don't post on IceShanty often, but when I do - #Legendary

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.