The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Anyone start buying yet?  (Read 7314 times)

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Anyone start buying yet?
« Reply #30 on: Oct 04, 2017, 06:39 AM »
I know what a Trapper hat is...
But one on Perry's Head?????
I think he will tip over with it on.lol.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Oct 04, 2017, 06:56 AM »
LOL!  ;D   I really like the fleece hat I bought last year, but I miss having a nice brim like the trapper hats have to keep the sun off my face on those really sunny days!
Where's the FISH?!

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Oct 04, 2017, 08:37 AM »
8" auger being delivered today, an upgrade from the 6" auger I get started ice fishing with 6 years ago. Can't wait to throw it on the clam plate

CowDawg

« Reply #33 on: Oct 04, 2017, 07:16 PM »
LOL!  ;D   I really like the fleece hat I bought last year, but I miss having a nice brim like the trapper hats have to keep the sun off my face on those really sunny days!

RUTT........ One of these???????;D ;D @)

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #34 on: Oct 04, 2017, 07:57 PM »
I'm sorry. I don't get this..... does anyone ever quit buying  ?? ??  ::)   :whistle:
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

CowDawg

« Reply #35 on: Oct 04, 2017, 08:24 PM »
I'm sorry. I don't get this..... does anyone ever quit buying  ?? ??  ::)   :whistle:

NEVER!   but it's a new upcoming season......so we gotta buy MORE new stuff!!!!   ;D

Offline icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Oct 05, 2017, 05:45 AM »
That's crazy talk!

Offline icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Oct 05, 2017, 05:48 AM »
Ruttnutt, I know they redesigned the predator this year, don't think it's much different than the look. Hopefully you can find a deal on last years?

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Oct 05, 2017, 10:49 AM »
RUTT........ One of these???????;D ;D @)

(Image removed from quote.)

No, that's the other kind of trapper hat! This is what I'm talking about:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/STIKER-ICE-MENS-TRAPPER-HAT/2574409.uts?slotId=9
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #39 on: Oct 05, 2017, 05:22 PM »
Cowdawg's right, the hat in his picture is the real trapper's hat.  You could get a Stormy Kromer, they're nice and warm and have a brim.  I even got Chez to buy one.   ;D

CowDawg

« Reply #40 on: Oct 05, 2017, 08:02 PM »
Cowdawg's right, the hat in his picture is the real trapper's hat.  You could get a Stormy Kromer, they're nice and warm and have a brim.  I even got Chez to buy one.   ;D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Thank you Chris!!!

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Oct 06, 2017, 06:24 AM »
A mad trapper hat Rut???  hehehe I won't even question that one!!!

Got my package today!!!  LED lights for my Shappell !!  Now to do some wiring in this nice warm weather!!!

I saw Cowdawgs LED LITE SETUP.
ITS AWSOME.HE GAVE ME SOME GREAT IDEAS FOR MINE.
GOOD JOB COWDAWG.
RUTNUT IN A MADD TRAPPER HAT.
I CANT WAIT TO SEE IT.
I DO LIKE MY STORMY KROMER HAT.THUMBS UP TO CHRIS ON THAT ONE!!

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Oct 06, 2017, 09:05 AM »
I have a Clam Bigmouth. It's basically a Scout with the expandable front bar. I usually don't set my flasher on a bucket but I could if I wanted to. There's plenty of room for my flasher, a bucket on the side for "stuff" and still have room for my little buddy heater. All with room to maneuver. And that's before I expand the front bar.

Spider - wondering how you like that Bigmouth?  I saw one on Facebook marketplace awhile back, and considered buying it.  It was the same price as a new Blazer, so I went with the Blazer.  Cabelas had it on sale for $199.  So, I grabbed it, and figured now I have free money to spend on other items for this year.  Or, I could put this money into savings for next year, but probably won't. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #43 on: Oct 06, 2017, 09:34 AM »
Does anyone ever STOP buying ice fishing gear.  I seem to always be on the lookout for a good deal....

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Oct 06, 2017, 10:03 AM »
That's a good point.  Seems I am always thinking about the hardwater fishing.  Didn't get as much normal fishing these last couple years.  Now I seem to be thinking about what I can do to my sleds for the ice season and always seem to grab something that gets my attention. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline geo315

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • He is on his way.
« Reply #45 on: Oct 06, 2017, 10:20 AM »
Well, I picked up a pocket stove that runs on a mix of propane and butane.  A lot lighter than the double burner propane I have been using to make a cup or two of hot choc. I hope it holds up. Geo.

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Oct 06, 2017, 10:30 AM »
Ordered the Milwaukee 2703-22 today, should be here by mid next week. $226 with shipping included. Might buy the 9ah battery down the road.
Next week I'll swing by scheels to pick up the 6" k-drill. Can't wait to try it out!
Da Pack!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #47 on: Oct 06, 2017, 03:35 PM »
I never stop buying stuff for ice fishing.  Marcum has really got me wanting one of the LX7's, that looks like a great machine. 

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #48 on: Oct 06, 2017, 06:21 PM »
some one stops buying?

I never stop buying stuff for ice fishing.  Marcum has really got me wanting one of the LX7's, that looks like a great machine.
it's a colored showdown with a refined sonar engine. and you don't pay for the updates. and it's future proof.
i know you like your showdowns, so i know you'd like the lx7 even more!

CowDawg

« Reply #49 on: Oct 06, 2017, 08:31 PM »
Still buying here too!  Damn it just doesn't stop!!!

Got the LED project going on but temporarily on hold cause of work schedule... but looking good as well!!!  Thanks Chezster!!

Purchased another Marcum battery online to replace the 3 year old battery in the LX5... the older one is still going strong and will be used for the LED power supply, the new one goes in the LX5...

Also just purchased a new soldering iron to complete the LED project.  I was using a soldering gun and it just was giving me issues...  I think its in the neighbors back yard about 4 houses away.... ;D

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #50 on: Oct 07, 2017, 09:17 AM »
some one stops buying?
it's a colored showdown with a refined sonar engine. and you don't pay for the updates. and it's future proof.
i know you like your showdowns, so i know you'd like the lx7 even more!

Thanks for the info, I already like it a lot and only seen the info and pictures of it online.  The down side is the price.  As for the Showdowns I'm still scratching my head wondering what the heck they were thinking when they decided to discontinue the Dual Beam version.  I certainly would've kept the dual beam since it's more versatile. 

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #51 on: Oct 07, 2017, 02:12 PM »

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #52 on: Oct 07, 2017, 08:09 PM »
Don't feel bad, you're definitely not the only one like that.

Offline PaddyO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Oct 08, 2017, 12:41 PM »
just received my new Marcum VS485C camera - cant wait to try it out.   Adding on to my LED lighting.   New Bluetooth speaker for tunes.  Modifying my Smitty Sled for the 13th time.... (like to keep the hut on the sled sometimes when scouting - end up sitting on it and the sled bottom actually deforms because it's not supported out to the end with the cross board)
Clam Kenia Pro Thermo Stealth
Otter XT X-Cabin Thermo
Clam Kenia Pro
Marcum Showdown
Marcum VS485C
Labatt Blue Light

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #54 on: Oct 08, 2017, 12:48 PM »
That's a nice looking camera, I'm curious to know how easy or hard it is to turn the camera.

CowDawg

« Reply #55 on: Oct 09, 2017, 12:07 PM »
RUTNUTT......  A trapper's hat is fur without a brim...   What your looking at and want is an ELMER FUDD cap... (you just need to find it in the red plaid color)
 ;D

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #56 on: Oct 09, 2017, 12:21 PM »
RUTNUTT......  A trapper's hat is fur without a brim...   What your looking at and want is an ELMER FUDD cap... (you just need to find it in the red plaid color)
 ;D

http://www.geteskimo.com/buffalo-plaid-alaskan-fur-hat

https://www.amazon.com/Stormy-Kromer-Array-Peninsula-Cap/dp/B0128IPEP2

so far got a cover for my jet sled.. another AV flex camera mount ...a Stanley cooker with nesting cups ...considering and 8 in auger option for my Clam plate set up ....K-drill or Clam gear box ???? not much more do I need as far as lures as I made some heavy purchases the last several seasons ...some of which haven't seen much use due to are shortened seasons.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Oct 10, 2017, 11:49 AM »
 ;D

Hey, I'm just going by what they called it!  ;)   And they probably couldn't call it an "Elmer Fudd" hat because they'd get sued by Warner Brothers!  ::)
Where's the FISH?!

CowDawg

« Reply #58 on: Oct 12, 2017, 04:34 PM »
Hey, I'm just going by what they called it!  ;)   And they probably couldn't call it an "Elmer Fudd" hat because they'd get sued by Warner Brothers!  ::)

LOL, gotcha Rutt.... :thumbsup:

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #59 on: Oct 12, 2017, 05:40 PM »

More like they are afraid of being accused of not being politically correct.   ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.