The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: NE/NC PA Ice Shanty Get Together 2018  (Read 17966 times)

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tightlines and safe ice to you all!
January 21, 2017 is the date!!!  We need to know who is bringing what, so we don't end up with 10 bags of chips and no paper plates or plastic utensils.  I'm always signed of for a pot of Chili and my sled with attached Coleman stove and tank of propane.  I saw scalloped potatoes with bacon, sounds awesome!!!  Start signing up for what you are bringing!!!  We always have a great time with plenty of food and fun.  If you have a favorite local shop that you deal with, try to get a prize donated and ask the owner/manager for business cards to pass out.  We all like to travel around and try different lakes, it would be nice to know where shops that are local to these lakes so we all can support them!!!  Looking forward to seeing all of you!!!
   Me and my son/fishing buddy AKA gfisher95 

Offline tokyo

• IceShanty Rookie
I'll bring a charcoal grill and I'll do burgers.  I will bring buns and condiments, but if someone wants to handle that end I'll be okay with that.  I'll need a head count so I know how many patties I should bring.  I will also bring napkins and paper towels, I have a massive surplus.

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I work every other weekend but if I'm off ill be there. Id bring the wine but the flash flood in October wiped out my whole basement and destroyed all my vino !
Sorry to hear Newberry Kid.  Everyone says you have mighty fine wine!!!  Hope the 21st works for you!

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Looks like scalloped potatoes, burgers and chili so far!!!  Looks like a tasty get together is shaping up!!!  Good friends, good food and good fishing!!!  It doesn't get any better than that!!!

Offline cooljordan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fish slayer \m/
I'll be there unless my Tioga trip gets pushed to that weekend. You know what I am bringing ;) Remember the last get together there and your buddy advertising to the warden? lol

BTW, the bacon master has started making his own bacon ;)

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Sorry guys- 21st is no good for me. But have a good time and maybe I can make it next year!
Where's the FISH?!

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Happy New Year everyone!!!  Only 20 days until we meet on the cut at Sayers!!!

Offline tokyo

• IceShanty Rookie
Please pardon my ignorance, but I am unfamiliar with this region.  I assume we are fishing Foster Joseph Sayers Reservoir at Bald Eagle State Park.  I'm going to need to buy a vowel, I don't know what or where "the cut" is.  I would appreciate getting dialed in to the location and a time we plan to meet.

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Put me down for cheeses and bologna.  Assuming we ever get ice, eh ?

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
hell we dont need ice to have a get together
the last one there was no ice and we had a blast
food fun and good times
ill be bringing either  hot sausages or something to grill
always have the grill ;D

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
Please pardon my ignorance, but I am unfamiliar with this region.  I assume we are fishing Foster Joseph Sayers Reservoir at Bald Eagle State Park.  I'm going to need to buy a vowel, I don't know what or where "the cut" is.  I would appreciate getting dialed in to the location and a time we plan to meet.

the cut is between the 2 lakes can see it from the highway
let me know if you going can meet you or give you better directions
or you can google it ;D ;D ;D

Offline Newberry Kid 218

• IceShanty Rookie
I do have off the 21st if I don't get forced into work. Will not commit yet but if I do have off I will bring some munchies

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
I'll be there unless my Tioga trip gets pushed to that weekend. You know what I am bringing ;)

APRIL ?

Offline tokyo

• IceShanty Rookie
the cut is between the 2 lakes can see it from the highway
let me know if you going can meet you or give you better directions
or you can google it ;D ;D ;D

Perfect, that's all I needed, thanks Digger.  Looking forward to this!!

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
you will enjoy yourself we have lotsa fun if if there is no ice ;D
just bring a appetite ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
I'll be there unless my Tioga trip gets pushed to that weekend. You know what I am bringing ;)

APRIL ?
if your allowed to come :o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline cooljordan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fish slayer \m/
I do have off the 21st if I don't get forced into work. Will not commit yet but if I do have off I will bring some munchies

No, you boys are all out of luck this year. She is on maternity leave for the 2017 ice season, Sorry!
Also, Digger scared her away last year with his sausage. Something about a sausage and an ice hole  :o

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
I'm pretty sure we will have ice for that weekend.  Probably will just be the cut.  I will keep checking and posting when it is safe.  Not safe yet, but would not be surprised by next week we could get on cut if it does not break up in the next 2 days.  Also not 100% sure I can make it that day, but will try and if able will  bring some food.  Nez

Offline bigbassbowman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "GO BIG OR GO HOME"
no im out
A bad day of fishing is a good day away from the wife!!!!

Offline WineWomenWalleye

• IceShanty Rookie
Long time Ice angler first time blogger, in fact this will be my very first post but I'd be happy to hear of any plans and maybe, become a self appointed representative from Mercer County.    Might even invite a few of the Pymie bunch to tag along.  Providin' they chip in for gas, mind ya.  But I'm thinkin' there would need be good ice before making the journey.

Uhhh, that is if we NW Ice Holers, would be invited.
Old Fisherman Never Die, We Just Smell That Way.

Offline cooljordan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fish slayer \m/
Long time Ice angler first time blogger, in fact this will be my very first post but I'd be happy to hear of any plans and maybe, become a self appointed representative from Mercer County.    Might even invite a few of the Pymie bunch to tag along.  Providin' they chip in for gas, mind ya.  But I'm thinkin' there would need be good ice before making the journey.

If your bringing wine, women, and walleye whose gonna say no?   ;D

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac

I only called it the NE/NC PA Get Together because that's what it was always called!!!  EVERYONE is welcome to come!!! 

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hell we dont need ice to have a get together
the last one there was no ice and we had a blast
food fun and good times
ill be bringing either  hot sausages or something to grill
always have the grill ;D
Digger wouldn't be Digger without a grill on the ice!!! :thumbsup:

Offline Jaggerhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
I should be able to make it. I got some homemade turtle jerky just out of the smokehouse. Might be able to save some

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict

Offline cooljordan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fish slayer \m/
I should be able to make it. I got some homemade turtle jerky just out of the smokehouse. Might be able to save some

Turtle jerky is awesome! :thumbsup:

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
C'mon colder weather!!!  It was nice today to be out in the woods with the flintlock and the ground was firm again!!!  Lets get some good safe ice on these lakes!!!  Has anyone been out and checked the cut?  Also, who can bring an easy up canopy for setting up a food tent?  John T or Wild, can one of you guys supply one?  Folding tables are needed as well.  Who has one or two that they can bring?  We are 15 days away!!!   :woot: :woot:  I'm ready for food, fun and lots of  :icefish:

Offline tokyo

• IceShanty Rookie
I have a pop-up I can bring.  I think I have a folding table as well, I'll bring that if I can find it.

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
Checked the cut last night. it is mostly capped with an area of open water from the roadbed about 100 yards back in, most of main lake is still open as well. Good news is it's not supposed to get above freezing until Wednesday, bad news is we have another warm up with rain after that  :'(.
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Offline Jaggerhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
I have a table also

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor