Author Topic: 12/21 CJ Strike  (Read 1072 times)

Offline idahopanfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
12/21 CJ Strike
« on: Dec 21, 2013, 07:38 PM »
Finnally got there and chose a nice brisk breezy day for it! Got on the ice around 11 and fished till 1:30 a little west of the boat ramp and close to the pressure heave. drilled 2 holes, one for me and one for the newbie I took with me. He caught his fish ice perch and missed a few. It was difficult with the breeze to see the tip move, they were biting light.
Came home with 5-11 1/2" and a number of small ones, one of those a male
we were over 21' of water and using small jigs and a standout tipped with a worm of mealworm. I got more on my white jig.
The ice never made a  sound today and is hard and clear and I agree with the 6", but never actually measured it.

Newbie caught a fish and loved walking on water, came home with fish! It was a good day!

When we got in cell phone range I received a call from my sister and my mother who has had Alzheimer's that she had quietly gone to be with our LORD this afternoon. I know now she is in full use of her mind and is experiencing great joy! I am so thankful to our Lord that he gave me a window this fall when I visited with her that I felt her love and that she recognised me. Our Lord is so awesome in how he answers our prayers and even those we may not actually have put into prayers. Again it has been a GOOD DAY!

I want to thank all of you now for your prayers for me and my brothers and sisters.
Michael
Keep looking to the East
He will be coming in the clouds.

Offline Hamstn

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 12/21 CJ Strike
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2013, 01:02 AM »
Sorry to hear about your mom but thrilled she  knew the Lord.......God is good and in him you will find the strength to get you through these times of loss.

Wind is why I did not attempt CJ. Thursday the tumble weeds were blowing across the ice but the fish were a little more aggressive.

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2013, 09:19 PM »
I am sry to hear about your loss. Prayers go out to your family in this time of need.

Offline hooknhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2013, 08:26 AM »
Sorry and grateful at the same time to hear about your mother.  She is in a better place and much happier now I'm sure.  May the Lord comfort you during this time.  God bless.

Offline Jermiller250

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2013, 10:18 AM »
Sorry to hear about your loss.  Prayers for you and your family.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.