The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Congrats YOUK !!!!  (Read 1613 times)

Offline sst4life

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Peace, Love and Happiness only on Shanty
Congrats YOUK !!!!
« on: Nov 06, 2007, 06:11 PM »
Youk won the Gold Glove for first Base this year he played great and we resigned Schilling (why)

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
Re: Congrats YOUK !!!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2007, 06:43 PM »
That bloody sock.  ::)
Steve

Offline chillywillie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Maine
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2007, 05:15 AM »
Youk won the Gold Glove for first Base this year he played great and we resigned Schilling (why)

Who knows, I wasn't very impressed with him this year.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2007, 05:22 AM »
schill didnt have the best year , but he did come up big in a few key situations. he has never lost an elimination game and is a great mentor to the other young pitchers we have. 8 million well spent dollars in my opinion.

Offline jrelaxin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • justrelaxin
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2007, 05:57 AM »
You we resigned Schilling (why)
yeah they could have resigned old M Clemente and that would have been real scary.......... ::)
Donuts !!!!!       

Dave

Offline MikeMunn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2007, 06:03 AM »
Shill took a pay cut to stay with the Sox.  He could have signed a one year deal for more with some other team, but stayed where he knows he'll always be a legend, if only for the bloody sock game.  While other players cry "it's not about the money", it usually is.  Not with Shilling, he backed up his desire to stay in Boston by taking a pay cut.  Rare in these times.  Good for him.

Offline Corso

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2007, 06:55 AM »
Cmon Now...Schilling was still the man in the big show..gotta be worth keeping around for another year!!!!

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 07, 2007, 07:04 AM »
yeah they could have resigned old M Clemente and that would have been real scary.......... ::)

No doubt jrelaxin - not sure if you guys realize it or not but 9.5 million out of our payroll this year went to that bum :wacko:

Offline slt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 07, 2007, 07:56 AM »
Good for Youk !!!  Coco got robbed ,had an outstanding defensive year. Tori Hunter is a great OF but won on reputation this year. Schilling........ good enough for another year for the money , not a lot of pitching out there and the kids are comming along nicely. I've seen printed rumors on MLB.com that Santana from MN is avaliable. I say spend the money or make the trade for him, resign Lowell and forget about Arod. I'm not a big Arod fan but I wouldn't be dissapointed if he ended up in Beantown, I would rather see the mony spent on Santana instead if the rumors are true.....
diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Offline brookiebomber477

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • if i ain't icefishin'...i ain't happy!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 07, 2007, 08:12 AM »
the thought of arod in a red sox uniform is about as appealing to me as hitting my thumb with a hammer, he belongs in new york with his butt buddy jeter.

Once a yankee, always a yankee.

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 07, 2007, 08:40 AM »
Good for Youk !!!  Coco got robbed ,had an outstanding defensive year. Tori Hunter is a great OF but won on reputation this year. Schilling........ good enough for another year for the money , not a lot of pitching out there and the kids are comming along nicely. I've seen printed rumors on MLB.com that Santana from MN is avaliable. I say spend the money or make the trade for him, resign Lowell and forget about Arod. I'm not a big Arod fan but I wouldn't be dissapointed if he ended up in Beantown, I would rather see the mony spent on Santana instead if the rumors are true.....

:thumbsup:  Exactly slt.  We've just proven that you put the money in pitching and efforts in pitcher development to be successful.  Although not a huge Schilling fan, $8mil. is cheap in today's limited market.  Santana would look some sharp in a Sox uni!

Offline BoneHead

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 07, 2007, 08:45 AM »
Youk carried the team the whole first half of the season. He should have been on the all star team. Glad to see he won the gold glove, that means more. Glad to see Schilling return, he will still help the team alot. Besides, he wants to REPEAT. I would like to thank Arod.......thats right................. thank him for reversing the curse. ;D
Never argue with an idiot, he will just bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 07, 2007, 10:47 AM »
The reason for re-signing Schilling is for the leadership.  Next year we eill have a very young starting pitching staff, so we need the leadership that Schilling has to keep the starting rotation strong.

Offline sst4life

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Peace, Love and Happiness only on Shanty
« Reply #13 on: Nov 07, 2007, 12:03 PM »
The reason for re-signing Schilling is for the leadership.  Next year we eill have a very young starting pitching staff, so we need the leadership that Schilling has to keep the starting rotation strong.

The pitching staff is going to be the same.  The same five starters coming back.  Buckholz will be in AAA unless we trade lester.  I was reading on MLB Rumors that Cabrera from the Marlins is on the block and there may have been some discussions with the Marlins,  I love Lowell but if we could get Cabrera ,  Lowell who !!!!

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #14 on: Nov 07, 2007, 12:39 PM »
The pitching staff is going to be the same.  The same five starters coming back.  Buckholz will be in AAA unless we trade lester.  I was reading on MLB Rumors that Cabrera from the Marlins is on the block and there may have been some discussions with the Marlins,  I love Lowell but if we could get Cabrera ,  Lowell who !!!!
I have to disagree with you on this one... I don't think you can replace Lowell with his leadership roll he has on the team. plus everyone is worried how much weight Cabrera is putting on... I say keep Lowell... my .02

Offline 1KING SALMON

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 07, 2007, 05:53 PM »
Youk earned and deserved the gold glove!!!  The money spend on Schilling for 1 more year was well spent.  Post season numbers are sick.  Besides it's not like we spent 28 million for a pitcher half way through a season that didn't make a difference. (Dumb Yankee's   :laugh: ;D :D :o)
She said if I went fishing she'd be gone, "I'm gonna miss her"...

Offline thefinlessbrown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 07, 2007, 07:31 PM »
youk def deserved that man but what aboutbeckett did he get the sye young or what ???

Offline IceFish4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Nov 07, 2007, 07:44 PM »
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUU! :clap: :thumbsup: 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.