Author Topic: What's your question???  (Read 33537 times)

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: What's your question???
« Reply #210 on: Aug 29, 2019, 03:14 PM »
Oh wise one..
My InLaws and there stupid labradoodle will be here any minute.  How long till me or my Rott piss them off? Or should I say how many times in the next week?    ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #211 on: Aug 29, 2019, 03:58 PM »
Oh wise one..
My InLaws and there stupid labradoodle will be here any minute.  How long till me or my Rott piss them off? Or should I say how many times in the next week?    ;D

Oh you and yer companion already have. Trust me, they dread the visit as much (or maybe more) than you do. Especially their stupid little musky bait of a what passes for a dog. It's probably peeing in it's little poodle pants just thinking about it. They're only there to see their daughter.

Next question.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline gorf37

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #212 on: Aug 29, 2019, 10:44 PM »
How many extra air bags do I need to put in my truck before it'll float when I drive it through thin ice?

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #213 on: Aug 30, 2019, 06:06 AM »
How many extra air bags do I need to put in my truck before it'll float when I drive it through thin ice?

Just one. If you bring me I got enough hot air to float a fire truck.

Next question.

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #214 on: Aug 30, 2019, 06:47 PM »
Rhode Islanders are very forward thinkers. As global warming progresses it will become an island and they just wanted to be prepared.

Next question.

So are you saying they know more than your Prez??
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #215 on: Aug 31, 2019, 09:17 AM »
So are you saying they know more than your Prez??

I said nothing of the sort. I got enough words in my mouth without anyone trying to cram more in there.

Besides, I'm the one that brought up global warming. And FWIW I have to believe it's true because Al Gore invented it. He also invented the internet and I believe that too  :whistle:

Next non-question.

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #216 on: Aug 31, 2019, 09:48 AM »
I said nothing of the sort.:

You mean the same way the Greeks invented sex, but then the Italians invented sex with wimmin??

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #217 on: Aug 31, 2019, 10:09 AM »
There ya go again Sir! Never said anything about Greeks or Italians and for sure not anything about $ex. After all, this is a family site  :callcops:  :roflmao:

Besides, my pal Al did invent the "interweb" and global warming. Just ask him :blink:

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #218 on: Sep 03, 2019, 12:59 PM »
Why can't I stop spending money on fishing stuff? I have enough to open a small tackle store! :-P

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #219 on: Sep 03, 2019, 01:44 PM »
Why can't I stop spending money on fishing stuff? I have enough to open a small tackle store! :-P

Because it's fun! Don't collect coins or stamps, don't sit at the saloon for hours on end, don't play golf, don't do RC stuff and don't gamble (except on tournament entry fees). Gotta do something otherwise it's no fun and I'd have saved so many $$ I could have retired at 40. Wait... What?Shucks, I guess it's too late to go back to 40.  ::)

We'll see your "small tackle store" and raise you a 5 store local franchise.  ::) Be glad you're not a musky fisherman  ;)2

Next question.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #220 on: Sep 03, 2019, 01:45 PM »
ok heres  one that im thinking about right now..why do corn dogs have sticks  thru them?i get to be portable part at fairs but the position of the stick is you have to pull it out after eating the corndog halfway anyways or get the stick.lol eating one now and it just dawned on me that the stick sucks!!

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #221 on: Sep 04, 2019, 09:35 PM »
ok heres  one that im thinking about right now..why do corn dogs have sticks  thru them?i get to be portable part at fairs but the position of the stick is you have to pull it out after eating the corndog halfway anyways or get the stick.lol eating one now and it just dawned on me that the stick sucks!!

No one likes a limp wiener

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #222 on: Sep 05, 2019, 06:25 AM »
No one likes a limp wiener
haha theres the answer!theres no pill out yet for a corn dog.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #223 on: Sep 05, 2019, 07:16 AM »
Nice work Agro! Unfortunately IFH has no positions currently open or we would send you an offer sheet.  ;)2

Corn dogs... Raises another issue. Who is eating those things and why? They are horrible  :sick: I've had exactly one corn dog in my entire life and that was like 45 years ago. Blecccch!

@ Doc Speckler - Perhaps if they were to put that little blue pill in the corn dog there could be a reason for some guys to indulge. Fortunately for me that still would not be a reason for me to revisit corn dog h311.  :P

Thanks again Agro. Since you already answered the query I have technically not answered the question with another question.  ;D

Next question.

Online ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #224 on: Sep 05, 2019, 07:20 AM »
Nice work Agro! Unfortunately IFH has no positions currently open or we would send you an offer sheet.  ;)2

Corn dogs... Raises another issue. Who is eating those things and why? They are horrible  :sick: I've had exactly one corn dog in my entire life and that was like 45 years ago. Blecccch!

Thanks again Agro. Since you already answered the query I have technically not answered the question with another question.  ;D

Next question.

You should at minimum keep his resume on file for 6 months...

Offline Lukaszu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #225 on: Sep 05, 2019, 09:55 AM »
Here's one
Has Clam ever made anything?
Or have they always bought stuff from China and just stamped "CLAM" on them?.

Offline winterbuddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #226 on: Sep 05, 2019, 10:30 AM »
Corn dogs... Raises another issue. Who is eating those things and why? They are horrible  :sick:

Corn dogs suck, Pronto pups all the way! 

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #227 on: Sep 05, 2019, 11:08 AM »

Must be the kid in me, but I've always loved a good corn dog! I even made my kids homemade corn dog bites in our instant pot last week!

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #228 on: Sep 05, 2019, 11:57 AM »
@Lukaszu - We'll say perhaps (yes), but it would have been very early in their business cycle. Genz began making the Fish Trap by hand in his garage in 1979 - 1980. Can't say if had already outsourced manufacture when he sold the rights to Clam in 1992. Even then Clam was not what it is today. When that business sold to the current owner in 2003 they only made 8 items. Just look at 'em now! With over 750 items currently offered for sale by Clam profit margins come into play. When you consider that most direct competitors are peddling imported items there is little choice if you want to remain competitive.That said, there is no reason that just because it comes from China means it's a pile of junk. Sometimes, certainly but the company has control over what they contract out. If the company wants the cheapest thing possible then that what they (and us) ultimately get. Used to be if it came from Japan or Korea it was instantly junk too. See how that's changed.

Remember, you asked... ;)2

Must be the kid in me, but I've always loved a good corn dog! I even made my kids homemade corn dog bites in our instant pot last week!

You are a disappointment!  :o C'mon man, even shameless pike won't eat a corn dog. Doesn't that tell ya something? Hmmm?   ::)

I "unfriend" you!  :P  :roflmao: (not really  ;)2)

A corn dog by any other name...  :sick:

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #229 on: Sep 05, 2019, 01:33 PM »
Funny, i hate regular hotdogs but like corndogs.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #230 on: Sep 05, 2019, 01:44 PM »
You are a disappointment!  :o C'mon man, even shameless pike won't eat a corn dog. Doesn't that tell ya something? Hmmm?   ::)

Sounds like a challenge to me. We both know they'll hit hotdogs!  :roflmao:

Offline Sierra57

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #231 on: Sep 05, 2019, 02:23 PM »
The realest question of them all, are corn dogs acceptable if cooked on a Mr. Buddy in the shack this winter? You have to admit they are an awful convenient ice fishing meal.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #232 on: Sep 05, 2019, 02:50 PM »
The realest question of them all, are corn dogs acceptable if cooked on a Mr. Buddy in the shack this winter? You have to admit they are an awful convenient ice fishing meal.
my vote is yes.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #233 on: Sep 05, 2019, 03:04 PM »
Youse guys can have mine. I'd rather eat minnows and spikes. Yum! :P

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #234 on: Sep 05, 2019, 07:37 PM »
gonna get a family member an electric fillet knife.  why does all the descriptions say 110v.  should it not say 120v? 

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #235 on: Sep 06, 2019, 07:03 AM »
120, 121 whatever it takes.  ;)2

Seriously, a number of different voltage designations exist. I've even seen 115v but it's really all the same.

Think about your electric range or if you have a welder in the shop. Those are often listed as 220/240v. You can buy a 110v model and be confident it will work in all your household outlets. Just be sure it's not wired for the European market. They have a different plug and run on 220 - 240v.

Happy shopping!

Next question.

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #236 on: Sep 06, 2019, 08:09 AM »
whats the furthest you've driven to ice fish.....?  And did you pull a sled....? 

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #237 on: Sep 13, 2019, 05:22 PM »
whats the furthest you've driven to ice fish.....?  And did you pull a sled....?

I've driven from here frequently to fish St. Germain area, Rainbow Flowage specifically, and it's about 4 hours or a little better one way. Never been to MN, either one of the Dakotas or Canada for ice but I'd like to. LBDN at Escabana is about 4 hours too and done that twice. Once I get moved to 3 Lakes full time MN becomes more of a reality and LBDN is actually significantly closer. The truth of it is I hate driving. Not that I don't like navigating the traffic, just consider it wasted time that I could be doing anything else more enjoyable.

Farthest I've pulled a sled is around a mile. Might have been a little over/under, didn't measure with a tape or GPS but a full mile is close. Probably try not to do that much more. I'll be 65 next month and though a good walk shouldn't hurt a guy my age I'd just prefer to not. That's why there's a Polaris sled sittin' in the storage up north  ;)2

That said I just dropped my truck for service and walked home. 2.2 miles and did it in 40 minutes. Not bad for a guy my age  :flex: And yes, I walked back to pick it up...  :woot:

Next question(s).

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #238 on: Sep 13, 2019, 09:21 PM »

On reconsideration of your seemingly serious questions I've realized my answers were really not in the spirit of this usually frivolous thread. Let me take another swing.

Nowhere near far enough and not on the freeway. (I do better with a couple sips of good tequila...  ;)2)

Now... Next question.

That's better!

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #239 on: Sep 14, 2019, 07:11 PM »
Are serious questions forbidden or just strongly discouraged??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.