Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Brushy Creek get together  (Read 11854 times)

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
Re: Brushy Creek get together
« Reply #60 on: Feb 27, 2014, 04:56 PM »
Bassrat, I really wish you could make it as you were one of the first guys to help me out with fishing that lake. I might just make a special trip in a week or so just to hook up with you

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline metalworkz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Feb 27, 2014, 08:38 PM »
I will probably be out there before everyone gets there. I think I have about four others to bring. I'll be in a grey wheelhouse about a mile south of north ramp by campground. Look me up. Got Metalworkz on side.

Offline grizzwald660

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Feb 28, 2014, 10:07 AM »
only 5 set up on north end thursday night. i didn't fish. so no report there. the lake looked pretty good for driving on the paths. i went about 3/4 mile south of north ramp. went to handicap jetty on west side and didn't see anyone to the north south or east. but we caught fish last week and went 3 diff. times. fished 30' of water. fish were on bottom and up. if something comes in at 10' up reel up to it as these were crappie and they were bittin. i have to work all weekend so i can't make it either. i'll try to fish this evening and report back then. oh ya the bite is better at dawn and dusk. i'm sure that is why metalworkz is going early. grizz

Offline metalworkz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Feb 28, 2014, 11:50 AM »
10-4 on that grizz

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #64 on: Feb 28, 2014, 12:28 PM »
im leaving Des Moines around 4:00am so should be up there around 5:30-6

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Feb 28, 2014, 12:36 PM »
I'll be running a bit later than that  ;D Where are you guys planning to set-up? Just a general idea so I'll know which direction to go.

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #66 on: Feb 28, 2014, 12:55 PM »
Come off the north ramp and head south. Im planning on startin down by the equestrian campground. My cell is 641-990-1005. I drive a green extended cab chevy with a white topper and fish out of an old green otter lodge. I will have the ice shanty flag flying on the truck.

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #67 on: Feb 28, 2014, 01:06 PM »
Hopefully the snow isn't bad tonight and you all have a safe trip to Brushy I can't make it because of work but if I can sneak away I'm heading north to see you all . If not have a safe trip and a great time
Never to many short poles

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Feb 28, 2014, 02:47 PM »
Wish I could make it, but can't due to work. :(

Be safe guys, and tight lines!!

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Feb 28, 2014, 03:32 PM »
I drive a green extended cab chevy with a white topper

I'm sorry for you, I'll be sure to throw in my tow strap. >:D :whistle:
take care,
Dave  :>)

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #70 on: Feb 28, 2014, 03:34 PM »
we will see about that dave lmao. I have never had this truck stuck yet and I aint skeered to drop the hammer if need be LMAO >:D :woot: :icefish:

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #71 on: Feb 28, 2014, 03:40 PM »
Ok off to go load the rest of my gear and lock the truck up. Anyone has any questions this evening I get an email anytime someone posts or dont hesitate to text me.

Offline jkujawa81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Feb 28, 2014, 07:09 PM »
Too fuss doing the same be there around 5-530 and will call ya red ford white topper and flag on anntena

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Mar 01, 2014, 03:54 AM »
Well I just got up to make the trip and theres a note for me that my kids need my truck and trailer to move appliances today.........  Now two house holds are woke up so I surrender like usual and theres 4 pissed off people right now.  Sorry I won't make it as everything was loaded including the atv on the trailer.

Offline grizzwald660

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Mar 01, 2014, 05:09 AM »
not much to report. my finder wouldn't work so i fished blind about an hour off bridge no. 1. wind blew most of the night here so i'm sure there are some drifts on the lake because there is in my driveway. good luck to all and our best luck was to keep moving till we found active fish 25' to 30' of water most caught on waxies for me anyhow. grizz

Offline grizzwald660

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Mar 01, 2014, 05:28 AM »
WOW! just went out and started the truck to head to work. its blowing about 20 mph. there is going to be alot of new drifts. when in doubt FLOOR IT! ;D

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #76 on: Mar 01, 2014, 05:44 AM »
Yes I'm at duncombe right now and hwy 20 is blowing but its not drifted yet. The plows are out pretty heavy right now

Offline metalworkz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Mar 01, 2014, 08:41 AM »
Any updates

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #78 on: Mar 01, 2014, 09:57 AM »
Just pulled a 9 lb walleye and got a few crappies

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #79 on: Mar 01, 2014, 10:19 AM »

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Mar 01, 2014, 02:13 PM »
Outstanding!!!!...I knew someone would get a nice walleye and I wouldn't be there  :clap: :clap:

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #81 on: Mar 01, 2014, 02:41 PM »
That fish belongs to Travis aka catmandude. And for all you guys who cant post pics that was posted 10 min after it was caught.

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #82 on: Mar 01, 2014, 03:47 PM »
So I know some of the guys are still out there but I will give a summary report.

I believe we had a good turn out although I think it would have been better if the weather wasn't So rough.
There were some good fish caught and one really good one as seen in the pic on the previous page. Congrats to catmandude on an extremely nice fish. Even though I think I was a little generous of the weight estimate lol.
Jamie thanks for letting me try that rod I am definitely going to give those guys a call. Pm me and I will get you my address as I forgot on the way out.
It was great to get to meet you guys and I am already planning next year.
Thanks to all who showed up and you guys are the reason I want to do it all again. I will be posting pics later on and invite all you who took them to post up. If you need to pm me and I will post them for you.

Offline ASATMillerbluegill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
« Reply #83 on: Mar 01, 2014, 05:50 PM »
John, u should lay off of the sauce; that fish that travis was caught at Ada Hayden in Ames; and I texted u the pic. That's right, now u remember;)

Buy a suit that floats you

Offline catmandude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #84 on: Mar 01, 2014, 06:01 PM »
What an awesome day out on the ice! I came home and wrapped the eye up in a soaking wet towel like you guys recommended and then gently stuck him in the Freezer. Anybody have a good taxidermist they would personally recommend? Can't wait to get together and do this next year!

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Mar 01, 2014, 06:15 PM »
Better late than never.  It was a pleasure meeting up with you Team Iowegians from Ice Shanty.  That was some walleye, congratulations.

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #86 on: Mar 01, 2014, 06:25 PM »
Was great to meet you oldbear. One of these days we are gonna have to go hit Jacob crumm together. I also have some ponds over that way that would be great.

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #87 on: Mar 01, 2014, 06:27 PM »
,,,,,,,,,,, if the weather wasn't So rough.
There were some good fish caught and one really good one as seen in the pic on the previous page. Congrats to catmandude on an extremely nice fish. Even though I think I was a little generous of the weight estimate lol.

Rough weather,,,, That's putting it mildly.  Nobody was outside their shelter any longer than they had to be.

I'd shave about three pounds off that walleye and  call it  closer to 6lbs rather than 9lbs.  Still a very nice walleye and nice job getting it up to the ice using 2lb. line.
take care,
Dave  :>)

Offline fishunlimited(fu)

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Mar 01, 2014, 08:40 PM »
What an awesome day out on the ice! I came home and wrapped the eye up in a soaking wet towel like you guys recommended and then gently stuck him in the Freezer. Anybody have a good taxidermist they would personally recommend? Can't wait to get together and do this next year!
Mike Peterson of story city iowa. $11 an inch. He's the best I've ever saw, you have to take it to him. WONT be disappointed. Btw, nice eye ;)

Offline ASATMillerbluegill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
« Reply #89 on: Mar 01, 2014, 09:32 PM »
Mike Peterson of story city iowa. $11 an inch. He's the best I've ever saw, you have to take it to him. WONT be disappointed. Btw, nice eye ;)
ive heard the same travis. He's my friends cousin, the last guys that showed up and put that suitcase shelter up. My friend Mark.

Buy a suit that floats you

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.