Author Topic: :'(   5 gallon bucket modifications!    (Read 14895 times)

nbogs

Re::'(   5 gallon bucket modifications!  
« Reply #30 on: Jan 08, 2004, 03:31 PM »
I would like a fold down back on the seat, the seat would also have to swivel.

Bottom bouncer

« Reply #31 on: Jan 08, 2004, 03:52 PM »
I have taken three buckets cut two of the buckets off about 5 or 6" , remove the handles and slip them into the third bucket drill three or four holes where buckets meet on inside and pop rivet together , makes the bucket a lot taller F/ more stuffffffff. and is a lot more comfortable to sit on . also I have taken one of those pads you can get F/ about a buck used to kneel on in the garden - closed cell foam pad about 1" thick mark and cut out to set inside of lid and hot glue in. To make the lid  easy to take off cut all of the sides of the lid that latch it to pail except one on each side , keeps lid on and you can remove with one  hand. Good luck with the project.

Offline fishin fool

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • give 'em a shake
« Reply #32 on: Jan 08, 2004, 09:09 PM »
I would want to have a seat/lid that flips open.  A backrest, rodholder or two, some type of compartment on the inside for holding jigs, bait , etc.  
t'pup!

Offline trapperjon

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hard Water-Happy
« Reply #33 on: Jan 18, 2004, 07:52 AM »
Tall bucket fer sure, about 20" or so fer us with bad backs. Bait on the inside sounds cool but could be messy, a box with a good closure could be mounted to the bottomside of the seat for jigs, fold down back rest, I like that, now attach a rod holder to the backside of the rest so when I get up I can fold it down and put my rod in and walk away. Turn the bucket world upside down, (litterally) I'd like to see a more stable bucket. Just a few thoughts, good luck with your project!
Trapper
40 yrs. And still on an ice fishin' mission!

Offline Holewatcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • in a trance watching the flag
« Reply #34 on: Jan 20, 2004, 08:51 PM »
Instead of a bucket how about a large used icechest, that way you have a larger storage area and you can put it on a sled ,or skids ;D
I need to go to the bathroom, but it might flip up if I go.

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: :'(   5 gallon bucket modifications!  
« Reply #35 on: Dec 11, 2006, 03:24 PM »
thats what im looking for is a longer ice cooler, that has 2 tops one for each side......i will pad one side, and then i have access to the other side.I will then Screw some tackle containers etc around the outside.

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: :'(   5 gallon bucket modifications!  
« Reply #36 on: Dec 11, 2006, 10:33 PM »
Never thought of using a large cooler....  Use one in the boat occasionally, but didn't concider it for ice fishing.  will have to try that...thanks for the idea.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.