New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Fishing near potsdam  (Read 831 times)

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
Fishing near potsdam
« on: Feb 11, 2018, 11:45 AM »
Hey everyone, i recently moved back to the north country,  to the potsdam area specifically. Looking for a place close by to take my family where we have a decent chance at catching nice pike, walleye, or lakers. Just trying to stay close to home so we get more time on the ice and dont have to take our gear as far. I was looking up areas and stark falls and blake falls peaked my interest. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone is having a good safe season. Thanks

~J
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Fishing near potsdam
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2018, 11:57 AM »
Be careful. Stark is dangerous i just dont recommend it to someone whos never been on it. You can fish Blake from the girl scout camp road. But its terribly slow fishing.

You'd be just as well off to drive from Potsdam to Waddington and fish the river. You will catch fish at Coles or  Brandy. Fobears is a good place to go catch some pike as well.

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2018, 12:40 PM »
Thanks man thats what i was thinking.  Where is fobares? I was actually thinking of hitting the river Tuesday on a solo jigging trip
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2018, 01:21 PM »
Welcome back Jon....
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2018, 11:00 PM »
Welcome back Jon....

Thanks! Would be nice to meet up and fish again
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline FishnChef

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2018, 06:28 AM »
X2 on the slr in the ogdensburg/waddington/massena area. Wide variety of fish to target and not too far from you. Also can access good spots without a machine or a brutal drag. Pretty sure we know each other so I know you're not a sketchball and would be willing to show you the spots up there. Was just up there this past weekend and did okay, a lot of short walleye, few keepers.

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2018, 07:04 AM »
X2 on the slr in the ogdensburg/waddington/massena area. Wide variety of fish to target and not too far from you. Also can access good spots without a machine or a brutal drag. Pretty sure we know each other so I know you're not a sketchball and would be willing to show you the spots up there. Was just up there this past weekend and did okay, a lot of short walleye, few keepers.

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2018, 07:19 AM »

Hahaha thanks, shoot me a dm, i think im going  tuesday with some guys from wotk. But should have some time to go the next couple weeks for sure
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline fishbone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2018, 05:57 PM »
try bonoparte lake....it can be gooood

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2018, 07:11 PM »
try bonoparte lake....it can be gooood