The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: TIP the SCALE  (Read 3547 times)

Offline TRIPLE S

• IceShanty Rookie
TIP the SCALE
« on: Feb 11, 2018, 08:56 AM »
Fished Indian Lake yesterday with my boyz  15 year old caught 2 crappie both 1lbs 8oz  16" & 15.5" long  & a 9lbs 30" pike  14 year old caught some nice big yellow perch & a 1lbs 9oz white perch 14."Hornpout bit was on to caught a few jigging. Caught over 30 fish in 4 hours  We meet a young lady and her son  from my home town Millbury " Dorothy Pond " out on the ice. She told me she was driving by on 290 and seen all the fishermen out so she went home to get her son who loves to fish. So we help him out with drilling his holes and setting up his tip ups and gave them some tips on ice fishing And mom had her  pen and little note book out writing it all down. We were glad we could help. GREAT JOB MOM!!!!

Offline drfhaha123

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: TIP the SCALE
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2018, 09:12 AM »
Was the pike released?

Offline fishercat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2018, 09:15 AM »
Sounds like some great ice time congrats.

Offline TRIPLE S

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2018, 09:23 AM »
 Yes every thing goes back all ways

Offline PenguinIII

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2018, 10:18 AM »
Well done Triple S!
Always nice to help out a newbie,
Slab crappies too , were they caught on tip ups or jigging?

Offline TRIPLE S

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2018, 10:42 AM »
Crappies were all caught on jigs. Clam ant drop jig tipped a red clam MAKI  8' of water

Offline Dschofield91

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Have an Ice day!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2018, 10:44 AM »
Holy spot burn.

Offline TRIPLE S

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2018, 11:11 AM »
Share the wealth my friend there are more fish then fishermen

Offline masspike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2018, 11:15 AM »
Yes just what everybody wants...a crowded lake..maybe be a lot fish but no room to catch them..
a bad day of fishing....is better than a good day @ work

Offline moosehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 11, 2018, 11:21 AM »
gee thanks for all that info. ya coulda left out where

Offline KillerFish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 11, 2018, 11:28 AM »
Ugh.  :-\  this spot is being torched this year.... :'(

Offline masspike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 11, 2018, 11:30 AM »
This and so many more!!!!
a bad day of fishing....is better than a good day @ work

Offline KillerFish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 11, 2018, 11:34 AM »
I would forgive the poster if he edited the post and removed the name  :-\

Offline Red15762

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 11, 2018, 11:52 AM »
Here we go again with the spot burn. Let’s, once again, here all your stories about how YOUR lake was fished out in a year because of it.

Triple S sounds like you had a great day, congrats.

Offline TRIPLE S

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 11, 2018, 11:53 AM »
Wow  lot of cry babies out there This is not the BASS MASTERS or FLW give me a brake we are ice fishing man. If i was giving out free beers you would want my GPS coordinates  Over 100 guys out there  on that puddle  and every won was chasing flags

Offline Dieseldog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 11, 2018, 12:04 PM »
Good for you, you da man. Helping the youth is awesome.
I plan to live forever. So far so good!

Offline TRIPLE S

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 11, 2018, 12:08 PM »
Thanks for all of you that support a little help and info

Offline Rangerboats391

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 11, 2018, 12:56 PM »
 ;D nice job

Offline W8t B8t

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 11, 2018, 01:43 PM »
Well done that makes a great day on the ice

Offline KillerFish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Feb 11, 2018, 03:37 PM »
Fished Indian Lake yesterday with my boyz  15 year old caught 2 crappie both 1lbs 8oz  16" & 15.5" long  & a 9lbs 30" pike  14 year old caught some nice big yellow perch & a 1lbs 9oz white perch 14."Hornpout bit was on to caught a few jigging. Caught over 30 fish in 4 hours  We meet a young lady and her son  from my home town Millbury " Dorothy Pond " out on the ice. She told me she was driving by on 290 and seen all the fishermen out so she went home to get her son who loves to fish. So we help him out with drilling his holes and setting up his tip ups and gave them some tips on ice fishing And mom had her  pen and little note book out writing it all down. We were glad we could help. GREAT JOB MOM!!!!

Not impressed dude. Everyone thinks - o, I’m with the family, I’m with the kids, I’m invincible. No. This was a hardcore spot burn on a place which never had more than 4 groups on it at any point last year and, as you said, had more than 100 guys today. Posts like this add to the problem.

The whole post would have been the same if you just left out the name. Instead you’ve screwed all the regulars for the rest of this season and prolly next. So I’m glad you found a new fishing hole and had NO respect for the people who have been enjoying it for years.

I really hope you and your lovely family find someone else’s fishing hole to help ruin next time.

Offline W8t B8t

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Feb 11, 2018, 03:47 PM »
Here we go it's nice to see the same people b***hing about SPOT BURNING  it's fishing people the more the better I guess we will wait for the other  two to join in and criticize someone who had a good day with his kids and helped someone who was probably a single mom get her kid interested in fishing don't know how old you guys are but it's not about you it's about the kids if you don't get that  then I feel sorry for you

Offline fishercat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #21 on: Feb 11, 2018, 03:54 PM »
Here we go it's nice to see the same people b***hing about SPOT BURNING  it's fishing people the more the better I guess we will wait for the other  two to join in and criticize someone who had a good day with his kids and helped someone who was probably a single mom get her kid interested in fishing don't know how old you guys are but it's not about you it's about the kids if you don't get that  then I feel sorry for you

Great post you beat me to it. There are still groups around that think they have a spot to them selves. That went out with google maps and a little exploring.

Offline Red15762

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 11, 2018, 04:02 PM »
Some people think they own the ice and can censor people on this forum with their unwritten rules. I must say that I find their temper tantrums pretty amusing.

Offline BeerMe!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Feb 11, 2018, 04:04 PM »
Great post you beat me to it. There are still groups around that think they have a spot to them selves. That went out with google maps and a little exploring.
.   X 2. People just have to lighten up.
You know I'm on a slick trip, always ready to kick ass!,,

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Member of the GODS (Grumpy Old DudeS)
« Reply #24 on: Feb 11, 2018, 04:06 PM »
When you let people know where you did have a good day of fishing and there are only 6 or less parking spaces ya that would be an issue for me.
 If there are 20 or more parking spaces no problem.
All the fish caught in that lake go back in anyway due to pollution concerns.
I don't know the parking situation at that lake.
MA

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Feb 11, 2018, 04:10 PM »
Thanks for all of you that support a little help and info

Great job getting out with the kids and helping others out. Dont sweat the lurkers complaining about spot burning. There are no forum rules against it. If people dont like it, there are plenty of other forums out there that have rules against it.. Go lurk there..
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline dtefft

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Feb 11, 2018, 04:19 PM »

X3

“driving by on 290 and seen all the fishermen out”

Not from the area but from the posts this must be a dirt road goat trail,that no one knows about or a secret entrance. 
Love hearing about an excellent day with kids and grooming a new fisherman and helping a person who wants to expose her child to the great outdoors.  Thank you for sharing oh by the way I won’t be fishing there..

Offline TRIPLE S

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Feb 11, 2018, 04:23 PM »
Hay Killerfish if you have a problem with me thats fine  but leave my family out of it grow the .... up. And it was the worcester news paper to blame. With the big pike pitcher a week a go You give sportsmen a bad name. Are you the same guy that owns the cape cod canal too?  Look out every one Indian Lake is privet!!!!  What a JOKE. Is this guy for real or what.

Offline RickC

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Feb 11, 2018, 04:33 PM »
Although I agree with many about not giving out the name,  Triple S didn't blow this place up! The Worcester Telegram did!!! They posted an article last week of a pike that was caught there and even listed the street it was caught off of. Someone saw it and posted on a Facebook fishing page.  As far as parking goes, there is one spot where you may get 6-7 cars, most people use this area due to it's close proximity to the better spots. There is also a large parking area we can use but most don't because you have to cross the channel which at times could be much thinner than the rest of the ice on the lake. We were the first ones on the ice yesterday and couldn't believe the amount of people that showed up. I have never seen more than 6 or 7 other guys out there. What used to be a nice quiet place to fish has turned into a mob scene.

Oh and Triple S, sorry you had such a slow day there yesterday  ;D

Offline ice warrior

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Feb 11, 2018, 04:46 PM »
 @)are you for real guy posted a good report about having a good day with his kids and helping another kid with his mom and your going to dis him indian lake isnt exacly a secluded lake knowbody doesnt know about this why my buddies and i hardly ever post any more you have a small group of immature sportsman my motto to kids is get hooked on fishing not drugs

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.