The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Who's Going Up this weekend to Poconos Area Lakes to Fish?  (Read 748 times)

Offline Bukshot

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Hoping the rain isn't as bad as they are calling for tomorrow.  Headed up Thursday to fish Friday, Saturday and Sunday HOPEFULLY.  We usually hit Shohola, Fairview, Promised Land area or the Pack, but I'm sure it's probably not thick enough.

Offline Drillin-n-Chillin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Who's Going Up this weekend to Poconos Area Lakes to Fish?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2016, 06:53 PM »
I'm wishing and praying for some cold so I can get out. Feels like I check the weather all day looking for enough cold at night to hold the ice together. Not looking good this week, but some of the lakes in that area should hold up if it stays cold long enough at night.  Promised Land tends to last longer than the rest. I fished Saturday and the lake we were on had a solid 5" so that one will deteriorate fast this week. Good luck and be safe.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2016, 08:41 AM »
The ice up here has been taking a pounding from the warm weather and some shoreline are shot and you can't get on.  If we get all the rain they're calling for you're more than likely wasting your time and gas coming up.  I'd wait until Thursday to find out how the lakes help up before you leave but that's up to you.  Yesterday I checked three lakes I fish and the shoreline was shot yesterday and only going to get worse today with the rain and warm temps.

Offline keith hess

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2016, 11:24 AM »
I would like to make a trip up to Shohola on Saturday but with all the rain don't know how it will be.If somebody lives near the lake and could post the conditions it would greatly appreciated.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2016, 02:17 PM »
It was raining here (in the Gouldsboro / Mt. Pocono area) pretty heavy at times and just stopped around 2:00 P.M.

Offline scat127

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2016, 03:46 PM »
Thanks for the info Chris.

Offline delawareriver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2016, 03:55 PM »
Bring a plank shore line is gonna be shot just about everywhere I would think. Should still have fishable ice just spud spud spud

Offline esoxnepa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2016, 04:54 PM »
Hoping the rain isn't as bad as they are calling for tomorrow.  Headed up Thursday to fish Friday, Saturday and Sunday HOPEFULLY.  We usually hit Shohola, Fairview, Promised Land area or the Pack, but I'm sure it's probably not thick enough.

I don't know if this is where you plan on traveling, but I wanted to pass this along. 

NOTICE:
State Route 402 will be temporary closed @ the Pickerel Inn store on 2/4/16 @19:00 to approx. 21:00 hr for bridge work being done by Leeward Construction.

Offline keith hess

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2016, 08:59 AM »
Thanks for the info,i go up 209 to 6 west.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.