The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Beltzville State Park  (Read 878 times)

Offline ahollander197

• IceShanty Rookie
Beltzville State Park
« on: Jan 04, 2014, 07:40 AM »
Was lookin to make a trek up to beltzville sometime this week, wanted to make sure the ice was thick enough over by preachers camp launch.  Anybody been up there this year?

Offline nightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Beltzville State Park
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2014, 08:28 AM »
As of last week most of the lake was open water, Preachers only had 1-1 1/2 inches on it. I'd try somewhere else.
Make 4 more posts and you can view the Reports and Conditions page for all the lakes.
Jim K.

Offline ahollander197

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2014, 08:56 AM »
alright thank you very much!

Offline Crazyarcher00

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2014, 03:29 PM »
Well, Beltzville is solid over 8 inches of black, we were averaging a hit/2 hits an hour. We had 5 people and tip up spread to beat the band. Seems slow but I have to tellya, they were all slammers. several 21-22 inch picks, and nice bass one in the 4- 5 lbs slot. Most bass 2 lbs. Stripers also getting wacked in 8-12 feet at preachers and other locations.

Offline icehippy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2014, 11:40 PM »
Well, Beltzville is solid over 8 inches of black, we were averaging a hit/2 hits an hour. We had 5 people and tip up spread to beat the band. Seems slow but I have to tellya, they were all slammers. several 21-22 inch picks, and nice bass one in the 4- 5 lbs slot. Most bass 2 lbs. Stripers also getting wacked in 8-12 feet at preachers and other locations.
would like to try to catch stripes at blue marsh, what were they hittin on. sounds like some good action, although sporadic but im use to that. would like to make a trip up there some time soon. thanks for the reports. good luck. later! :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.