Author Topic: I HATE IT 🤬  (Read 7235 times)

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Re: I HATE IT 🤬
« Reply #60 on: Nov 14, 2019, 06:18 PM »
Mike, It could have been the Don Julio Reposado.  :roflmao: :roflmao:

WS

Geeez! Now everyone's gonna know!  ::) :roflmao: Question is: Did that figure in when I put it somewhere, forgot it somewhere or went to look for it?  :whistle:  :roflmao:
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #61 on: Nov 14, 2019, 06:28 PM »
All of the ABOVE!!!  ;)2 :whistle: :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #62 on: Nov 14, 2019, 06:39 PM »
It's OK... I don't mind being a

Lord knows I dish out my share  :whistle:
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Nov 15, 2019, 10:06 AM »
social media spot beggars and freeloaders.   I love helping people get on fish without specifically drawing them a map but am pretty generous with information.  But cripes..some people don't want to do any work for themselves. 

and even on the ice.  we don't have huge bodies of water all over, just mostly borrow pits, and smaller local lakes, and the river backwaters.   when i'm on a 10 acre body of water all by myself and watch other people just make their way over to fish 5' from me.  I just kind of giggle.  It no longer bothers me like it did whant i was younger but is still comical.   

Offline KinnickResident

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Nov 15, 2019, 10:26 AM »
I guess living in NW Iowa it'd be wind, but what I also hate are the people in my area who marks spots publicly on Navionics. Mark your own spots locally on your phone and don't tell the world.

Offline smitty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Nov 15, 2019, 10:29 AM »

I hate it ... When these so called meteorologist predict a cold winter and get it wrong.... again!!!!!

smitty :tipup:

Offline wirehairman

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Nov 15, 2019, 11:31 AM »
I have to agree with the slush comments.  Major pain in the rear to get around and to keep the kid dry and happy.

Trash on the ice would be a close second.

Offline Jigalow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Nov 15, 2019, 11:37 PM »
Driving my 3/4 ton diesel pickup out on 24" of ice on the Mississippi and then moving on to the next spot only to stumble on to 3" of ice along the way.

Offline Figure ate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Nov 16, 2019, 05:06 AM »
Slush, especially DEEP slush that is over my Sorels. We had lots of it last year and made things miserable and untenable.

Hoping for better days this year.

Yup, #1 most miserable scenario on the ice is slush.

Offline marknpanfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Nov 16, 2019, 07:57 AM »
 Don't have to deal with slush as much here as some of you guys, but it does suck. Years ago night fishing I feel in deep slush my partner thought I went threw the ice. It ended fishing.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #70 on: Nov 16, 2019, 09:54 AM »
That one year when it snowed heavily before the lakes frozen up.  I went to upper red lake to fish, cuz the crappie boom was then.  Went to drill a spot.  Thought that the deep snow was just deep.  Dropped the lure down, funny it didn't go down very far.  started to scoop up the slush.  Was scooping slush for like 20 minutes.  Hmmm that's a bit too much, slush from out of one hole.  Kept scooping out more and more slush.

Then only then, realized.  That there's such a thing as a slush pocket, wind blown under the ice.  Dropped the ducer, turn up the gain and...it was showing a cloud of slush extending another 6+ feet deep.  Dropped the whole ducer cord length down the hole and then soft thump into slush pocket.  Slush pocket confirmed.  Biggest slush cloud underwater ever!
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.