Author Topic: Pigeon Tomorrow  (Read 824 times)

Offline Mattpreat

• IceShanty Rookie
Pigeon Tomorrow
« on: Feb 28, 2015, 09:10 PM »
Heading out to Pigeon tomorrow at the provincial park for the first time, does anyone have any tips for starting off there? I haven't seen much info on Pigeon lately. Not fussy on what I catch, I do have walleye class c tags but its not a huge priority if the fishing isn't good for walleye, I would honestly just like to be catching something no matter what it is   ;D

Thanks!

Offline Shrubs

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Pigeon Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2015, 09:52 PM »
             In my limited experience that drop off at the provincial park can be pretty hit and miss in the winter time.  Another place you might want to try is a little south of there around Grandview.   The evening bite around the drop off has been pretty consistent for me over the last few years.  Might have a bit of trouble getting the under 43 tags filled though.

Offline Mattpreat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2015, 12:29 AM »
Thanks, I think ill give that spot at Grandview instead now that you've suggested it. I'll post back tomorrow with a report and hopefully pictures of the fish!

Offline clayton

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Don't Litter Or I'll Know Where You Fish
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2015, 12:43 AM »
Going to mulhurst in the morning. Will check in at noon and make the jump or if they're biting out our way...
Happy fishing
Don't Litter Or I'll Know Where You Fish

Offline clayton

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Don't Litter Or I'll Know Where You Fish
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2015, 03:43 PM »
Hammering them in 4 FOW south of mulhurst. Can't say the same for Ryanlookingforperch. Lol
Don't Litter Or I'll Know Where You Fish

Offline Mattpreat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2015, 05:53 PM »
I'm just a bit south of grand view now. Nothing caught yet but I've seen a few walleye down the hole

Offline Shrubs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2015, 07:09 PM »
               If you accessed the lake at that little park at Grandview that should put you just South of the point.  If you head straight out from the point onto the lake it is shallow for maybe 2-300 yards (rough guess) but it will eventually drop off pretty quick.  I usually drill a bunch of holes from up shallow, along the drop and out into the main lake basin.  They could be hanging out anywhere along there but generally find them closer to the bottom of the ledge.  Good luck hope you get into some fish.  Should be into prime time right now

Offline Mattpreat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2015, 07:59 PM »
Well the fish started biting, 3 nice walleye in the past 10 minutes. One was right under the 43cm mark so I kept it. Thanks for the tips!  I'll post a picture of one of them when I get home

Offline ryanlookingforperch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2015, 01:47 PM »
Hammering them in 4 FOW south of mulhurst. Can't say the same for Ryanlookingforperch. Lol

True there.

Man, I just couldn't get a hit. You did well man and like you said I'm usually a good cheering section even if I'm skunked. I'll admit. Get me on the ice and anyone is catching...I get stoked. Better than Christmas. Lol.

Good fishin'!
“The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope”

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.