Author Topic: Underwater Vid from the Weekend  (Read 1746 times)

Offline Walks on Water

• Team IceShanty Regular
Underwater Vid from the Weekend
« on: Jan 20, 2015, 01:37 PM »
Thought I'd share this with you. Some walleye and pike from the weekend:
I've never posted a video here, so let me know if the link isn't viewable.

View My Video

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Underwater Vid from the Weekend
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2015, 01:39 PM »
Pretty cool..  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2015, 03:40 PM »
Good job WOW!  :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline live2fish78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2015, 06:11 PM »
Nice fish.  Good job.

Offline fishhunter77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2015, 11:01 PM »
Great video.  Thanks for sharing.  What type of camera were you using to record the action?

Offline ryanlookingforperch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2015, 12:12 PM »
Nice vid.

Thanks for posting.

Good fishin'!
“The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope”

Offline Walks on Water

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2015, 09:03 PM »
Great video.  Thanks for sharing.  What type of camera were you using to record the action?
Thanks for the comments, folks.

I used a Marcum camera, without monitor, that I rigged up with a wireless transmitter. I watched and recorded that on a 2012 Nexus 7 tablet.

Offline Evan_35

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2015, 04:18 PM »
Curious what you need to rig something like that up?  I would like to try it.

Offline Evan_35

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2015, 09:05 PM »
Thanks! I will definitely give this a try.

Offline ryanlookingforperch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 27, 2015, 09:07 AM »
If you already have a functioning underwater camera system with a video out, it couldn't be easier to add wifi capabilities.
On Ebay, and probably other places, there are lots of 12v wifi video transmitters for around $50 canadian. They are intended for use with back-up cameras.

Once you have one of those, add dc power. I use a 12v sealed battery, but the power lead says 9-12v input, so I guess there are options. Plug the yellow lead into the yellow vid out on your camera and the hardware end is done.

The transmitter I bought requires an app from the app store(android & the other one) called WIFI-AVIN. Once that is installed, sign in to the wifi like you would any other hot spot and open the app. You will see the video feed from the camera on your screen. You can watch and record in the app. Recorded vids are saved in the DCIM default image folder on Android devices.

There is a lag between live action and what you see on the screen.For reasons I'm still figuring out, the feed can be almost instantaneous, or there can be a delay of close to 1/2 a second. This can be a mind trip when your rod is bending while the fish on your screen is still making up his mind.

I got into this because I wrecked the monitor on a camera I had, so I had to do a bit more work. I had to hardwire the camera to the transmitter. As a result, what I have is more like a FishPhone, with no integral monitor. I intend to buy a second transmitter to use with my Aqua-Vu, so I can have a live feed, plus the ability to record, plus I can still watch my lure while BSing in the next tent or sitting in the truck.

I will happily answer any other questions I can, however I know nothing about Apple, so don't expect help on that front. Also, this is ridiculous that I feel the need to say it, but I am sharing this as a courtesy with my fellow fisherfolk. I have no association with any product or company mentioned. I am in no way responsible for any problems or damage. Do your own homework as I have.

Good luck.

Great write up for folks.

Good fishin'!
“The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope”

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.