Author Topic: water dogs  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Hambone77

• Team IceShanty Regular
water dogs
« on: Dec 16, 2013, 10:44 PM »
Does anyone use water dogs when targeting pike. I tried these things the other day and had one real interested in it. The fish never completely took it but it was aboht a 20 pounder, the biggedt pike I've ever had interested in any of my baits. I've caught some smaller ones on sucker meat but I want that monster sized fish

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: water dogs
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2013, 03:46 AM »
All I know about them is that they sell them in northern MN for pike. I have been told they are an excellent bait. I have no idea how they would take to cold water.

WS

Offline thomasthepikehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2013, 09:04 AM »
I assume these are mud puppies. No doubt a pike will try and eat one, but I wonder how long it will try before it drops the bait. What I want to know is how you hook one. The only time I've ever seen one, it tried to bite my hand off.  ;D
-Tom

Offline Martian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2013, 09:20 AM »
 i thought mud puppies also, I am not sure about leagalities in areas, but I wouldn't be interested in touching them, as there are just too many other good baits to use

Offline dennisthemence

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2013, 09:23 AM »
i think they are talking mudpuppies also.
to many other good baits to handle. but i have watch pike and bass eat them during the winter thru the shanty hole when spearing and i have caught pike on the rubber version on open water :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.