New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1339221 times)

Offline SnotCicle

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #1230 on: Feb 28, 2013, 09:29 AM »
I just wanted to give a big thank you to all the sportsman out there telling stories and posting pics on this thread. I've really enjoyed reading it and it has sparked an interest in the sport that I didn't previously have. This being my first year on the ice I have never fished for lakers before but because of all the awesome pics and videos I've seen I will be gearing up next year.
Stay Frosty

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #1231 on: Feb 28, 2013, 09:33 AM »
glad to help out a few descent fellow anglers

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1232 on: Feb 28, 2013, 09:35 AM »
Well excuse me jon ny for not saying thank you for your info what ever it was. I usually send a thank you to anyone i ask ice conditions, or where i can fish for both laker and perch in one area. Other than that i don't access from private property so i don't care how many  owners shut down there land.  I'm just saying in my opinion that posting pics, and sharing success stories every day can't  help the situation any. It only draws more people .

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #1233 on: Feb 28, 2013, 09:43 AM »
Well excuse me jon ny for not saying thank you for your info what ever it was. I usually send a thank you to anyone i ask ice conditions, or where i can fish for both laker and perch in one area. Other than that i don't access from private property so i don't care how many  owners shut down there land.  I'm just saying in my opinion that posting pics, and sharing success stories every day can't  help the situation any. It only draws more people .

You're right but there is way too many people on here, both members and lurkers, there are other sites (but we won't mention them), and there are publications (newspapers, magazines) that talk about lake George and publish/post pictures. You can't stop it. Its like getting upset that your favorite restraunt is crowded because people have found out how good the food is.  ;D
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline pughole

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I love it when your hands are all fish slime
« Reply #1234 on: Feb 28, 2013, 09:53 AM »
Hey bait box think this is bad, wait till Brookie season is in full swing. We will have to start parking trucks at diff ponds so no one finds our ponds.

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #1235 on: Feb 28, 2013, 10:08 AM »
cant people just shut up and fish.... why does there have to be so much hostility... personally if i owned lakefront property i would never let anyone use it for access or maybe charge 10 bux a vehicle... people are gonna be messy and there gonna park where ever they want the only thing WE can do is mind our own buissness maybe pick up some trash.. if one spot gets closed down big deal there are 100's of other places to go so chill out and fish

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1236 on: Feb 28, 2013, 10:21 AM »
cant people just shut up and fish.... why does there have to be so much hostility... personally if i owned lakefront property i would never let anyone use it for access or maybe charge 10 bux a vehicle... people are gonna be messy and there gonna park where ever they want the only thing WE can do is mind our own buissness maybe pick up some trash.. if one spot gets closed down big deal there are 100's of other places to go so chill out and fish
No one is being hostile eastern. we're  or im just expressing my opinion and thoughts. If you think that is hostile well ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline iceplank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1237 on: Feb 28, 2013, 10:24 AM »
ahhhh yes. a voice of reason :) ;)...IMO
                 Signed,
                  a reformed ticked off sportsman who just shuts up and hunts n fishes and does his homework.. ::) ::) ::) . to each their own but knowing the type of personality i possess i am better off just chillin n fishin...its nys is all i tell myself..and ya cant fight it
friends dont let friends fish dead holes.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1238 on: Feb 28, 2013, 10:29 AM »
Hey jon ny you blocked my pm   Im hurt  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Fidlerontheice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1239 on: Feb 28, 2013, 10:43 AM »
Fidlerontheice,   how much ice where you cutting and how deep could you get on the retreating ice? Heading up that way tomorrow morning any info. would be appreciated.

I will be bringing my snowmobile as I have a 3 guy crew with a ton of gear.  Targeting pike and lakers.  Any recommendations for other spots would be great. I have fished vets mostly and hearthstone,harris and mbd once each. 30-60 FOW would be swell :) 

:tipup:

I had about 6 hard black ice 1.5 of white crap on top of that and was fishing in 25fow. It is just getting worse with the weather. And the bubblers keeping the water open near shore ate away close too 2 feet of ice in the 4 hrs I was out there. Lots of slush.
!!FLAG!!

Offline Mourning after

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1240 on: Feb 28, 2013, 10:59 AM »
It's disheartening too read all the hostility, post ur picks, bust some balls, tell the conditions, share advice... That's what we are on iceshanty for correct, I may be new but I know that's why everyone else joined.... Do what u love too do... Load up and go fishing!!!  As far as the guys with private access, keep it a secret...If it gets invaded, crowded, or littered its your resposibilty just as much as the property owners if not more so yours,too make sure nobody is trespassing, it's just like hunting... If I'm hunting private property and somebody's there that's not supposed tobe, u let them know they need permission too park or access from there... It's your permission slip that's riding on it... Not there's.  and I'm sure your owners would appreciate it... Now go fishing!!!!!

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1241 on: Feb 28, 2013, 11:15 AM »
yea im all done. and adkroy you are right. You can't stop the chaos that is going on. I don't ask for anyone's special spot and never would. Don't care where you fish. I access from the public lands and hope they will still be around for years to come. Now that i T'd some people off for expressing my freedom of speech, and opinion i will drop this and do as always. Go fish and don't care about anything else.

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1242 on: Feb 28, 2013, 11:34 AM »
It's disheartening too read all the hostility, post ur picks, bust some balls, tell the conditions, share advice... That's what we are on iceshanty for correct, I may be new but I know that's why everyone else joined.... Do what u love too do... Load up and go fishing!!!  As far as the guys with private access, keep it a secret...If it gets invaded, crowded, or littered its your resposibilty just as much as the property owners if not more so yours,too make sure nobody is trespassing, it's just like hunting... If I'm hunting private property and somebody's there that's not supposed tobe, u let them know they need permission too park or access from there... It's your permission slip that's riding on it... Not there's.  and I'm sure your owners would appreciate it... Now go fishing!!!!!
Good post couldn't agree more.Tight lines everyone.With the weather forecasted for the next week we had better get our fishing in.

Offline fishertom34

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TROUT FEVER !
« Reply #1243 on: Feb 28, 2013, 12:54 PM »
wow,im kinda blown away by all the b***hen,i would like to say, if wasn't for guys like,baitbox, Jon NY,jager,mealworm,bigredonice,lake George jeff,colmsby,swatchman 5,schroonlaker and most of all ICEWADERER,this site would not be very good or informative,thanks too all you guys for sharing what you can!!! i appreciate all of you guys and your knowledge and willingness to help fellow anglers,i always try to do the same,if guys think thats bragging or boasting, that's usually a sign jealousy or envy!that being said,how many times have you seen guys fishing your spots,weather its on ice or open water,they been there for hours with know luck or know how,you walk up and bang ur on the board! i must be doing something wrong,when really your just doing something slightly different!!!32 miles of lake, for all will find away to access and fish,most people with common sense,know not to trash access points.kindness goes a long way and so does karma!!! fishertom34.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1244 on: Feb 28, 2013, 01:11 PM »
ALL RIGHT   Let's get something straight. Im not jelious of filled with envy because of all the pic's and talk about your fish. I could care less. Evendently some people are not getting what im trying to say without putting a lable on that person. Keep posting, no problem, but don't cry about private access being shut down. No it's not the internet that draws s bags and law breakers. It's all the BS about the lake that draws. ya think we can drop this now ??? ???

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1245 on: Feb 28, 2013, 01:27 PM »
Aight fellas. I'm cutting in for a second.
This is one of the best threads of the year for a lot of us. Please help us keep it that way.
I've nixed a couple cuss words and am trying my best to keep everyone friendly on this thread.
Don't make us work too hard for it. Bossman is a slave driver and we work for peanuts.  ;D
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline iceplank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1246 on: Feb 28, 2013, 01:29 PM »
Fished out from vets park. Slow day 10 perch of 11". Fished from 10-230. Noticed the open water had come in a since saturdat. Almost to the tip of the island passed the sagamore. Closer inspection showed the winds pushing the water onto the ice and eating it away. Hopung we will have a cold snap to slow it down a bit .
when you say island past sagamore do you mean the island out in front of sagamore ( crown, isnt it?) or the tip of the island the sagamore is on? which would be green island.that tip being right there in front of the bay.. because if its green island thats a big expansion and changes everything. appreciate any clarification. hoping to hit it sat ;)
friends dont let friends fish dead holes.

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1247 on: Feb 28, 2013, 01:33 PM »
Ditto, what iceplank said. Headed out 4am tomorrow.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1248 on: Feb 28, 2013, 01:55 PM »
going up saturday too im done with fab and will be fishing bolton area... i wanna get up to huletts before the ice gets too bad PM me if anyone has been up too huletts let me know how the ice is.

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1249 on: Feb 28, 2013, 02:23 PM »
If it wasn't for the discussion on jigging lakers in this post Pughole may not have caught this beauty.

Thank you again goes out to everyone who has helped to shorten the learning curve.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #1250 on: Feb 28, 2013, 02:26 PM »
nice one Hoss....i gotta get out with you guys,was gonna take a break on the king and go for toothies but i wouldn't mind a trip to the king with you fellas,any chance you guys are fishing on weekends

Offline pughole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1251 on: Feb 28, 2013, 02:38 PM »
Mealworm,I would love to get hooked up,we have been talking about it for a long time it should be about time we did.Did not chase the big pike at all this year,going back to my laker roots.Sounds like you boys had a great year too.weekends are tuff in my line of work. HA HA But any tue or wed you get I'm in. Hopefully we still have a couple weeks

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #1252 on: Feb 28, 2013, 02:47 PM »
during the week is tuff but i mite be able to get out 1 of those days in the next week or two see what happens.i haven't really done any pike fishing at all went for tigers twice got a couple of small ones.LG has been great to us this year, jigging has been stellar to say the least,hard to pull away from fishing like that.i'll see ya

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1253 on: Feb 28, 2013, 02:58 PM »
If it wasn't for the discussion on jigging lakers in this post Pughole may not have caught this beauty.
(Image removed from quote.)
Thank you again goes out to everyone who has helped to shorten the learning curve.
Ahh! I recognize that dude.
Welcome to the shanty Hoss.
Signed,
The dude with the 2 little boys always stopping in to pet the dogs. 
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1254 on: Feb 28, 2013, 03:02 PM »
Another beauty Chris! Congrats Bro! You guys Rocked 'em this season!

Mike

Offline pughole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1255 on: Feb 28, 2013, 03:10 PM »
Thanks a lot fellas,Had the privilege of fishing with some of the old dogs that cant stand the cold anymore,that were good enough to show me some killer spots and with the good info from you guys its been another great year so far.Good luck and be safe on this late ice...

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1256 on: Feb 28, 2013, 03:12 PM »
Logan you are welcome with us anytime.We never got to fish together last year but hope everythings works out  and we can get together this year.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1257 on: Feb 28, 2013, 03:37 PM »
prchslayer do your dogs feet freeze lol i have been wanting to take mine with me but i worry about there feet freezing or something you give em booties?

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1258 on: Feb 28, 2013, 04:13 PM »
iv got a german shepherd I bring out with me once and while if the conditions are right. if its wet she doesn't like it. if its glare ice she doesn't like it. but if its just snow on the ice she will stay out there all day. shes at the point now that if she sees a flag go up she runs to it before we do its pretty funny.

Offline Fidlerontheice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1259 on: Feb 28, 2013, 04:26 PM »
Not the island the sagamore is on. I would say crown then. It wasn't that pretty out there the ice was a bad color. I didnt get real close since I was out there alone. You aren't getting out into the deep water there but you might make it around the sagamore and get to dome if you are careful.
!!FLAG!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.