The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: 4-stroke auger  (Read 2355 times)

Offline nalegtx

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • HARDCORE!!!...
4-stroke auger
« on: Dec 17, 2007, 07:39 PM »
just woundering if anyone can give some reviews on the 4-stroke auger that lazer put out. really interested in maybe getting one. any thoughts? ???
" Can't get there from here...no......"

Offline nalegtx

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • HARDCORE!!!...
Re: 4-stroke auger
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2007, 07:39 PM »
i meant strike master sorry
" Can't get there from here...no......"

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:40 PM »
4 strokes are big more weight carrying out on the ice get the 224 strikemaster four blades of furry ;D
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

CSP88

« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:41 PM »
4 strokes are big more weight carrying out on the ice get the 224 strikemaster four blades of furry ;D

On the contrary....the Strike Lite is the lightest auger in the StrikeMaster line up.

Chad

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:54 PM »
csp you're right just looked at the web site used to seeing all the marine engines that are almost twice the size of two strokes Xcept for the e-tech
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline jeepsw1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Zippo Outdoor pro-staff
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2007, 06:45 AM »
I bought one, but have yet to use it on the ice. I've been going out with my hand auger since there has been only 4 inches, and i didn't feel the need to lug around another 20lbs until i have to.

weight is awesome compared to the mag 3000 or a Jiffy Legend,which is what my dad and fishing buddy have.  You don't realize how much a difference 5lbs makes until you lift them back to back.   

Nice and quite, compared to the 2 cycles. 

I'll be using it in the next couple days, I'll give a better report then

Offline ice023

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2007, 06:51 AM »
friend of mine has one, and has not had any problems.   it is lighter than my lazer mag but only by a couple of pounds. 
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty well-preserved body,but rather to skid in broadside,thoroughly used up,totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW What a Ride!"

Offline Danderson

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2007, 03:08 PM »
i looked at them when i went to cabelas. they were light which i liked, but thats without gas and oil added.

what i didnt like is the auger portion of it is composite and i have a fear it will break easily and become too brittle in cold conditions. a lot of the framework around the power head was plastic too which i didnt like. i guess its up to you, durability or weight  :tipup:

Offline tibbs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • SUMTINWONG
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2007, 03:45 PM »
NOTHING LIKE THE SMELL OF 2 STROKE IN THE MORNING :thumbsup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline 1KING SALMON

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 18, 2007, 06:31 PM »
A buddy of mine just bought one this season.  Weight was very nice compared to my Jiffy, 30 model.  The auger shaft is composite plastic as likewise were the handles.  Thick ice and time will tell.  One of the nice features is not having to premix fuel thou.  The Auger idled very quietly as well.
She said if I went fishing she'd be gone, "I'm gonna miss her"...

Offline Danderson

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 18, 2007, 06:49 PM »
why do people have such a problem with premixing  ???

gas plus oil, done.

i think changing the oil in a 4 stroke is more annoying

Offline 1KING SALMON

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 18, 2007, 07:00 PM »
why do people have such a problem with premixing  ???

gas plus oil, done.

i think changing the oil in a 4 stroke is more annoying

Danderson,  people don't have a problem with premixing!!!  I have no problem doing it with mine, and thanks for the info on how to do it correctly, not quite sure I have been all these years...  I can think of many other things annoying than changing oil on a 4 stroke???
She said if I went fishing she'd be gone, "I'm gonna miss her"...

Offline GlovelessPro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 18, 2007, 07:29 PM »
Must have had a lot problems with that auger for it to have given you four strokes ::)
How can you be icefishing if you're sitting at your computer???

Offline jeepsw1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Zippo Outdoor pro-staff
« Reply #13 on: Dec 19, 2007, 05:29 PM »
Used the 4-stroke for the 1st time today.  Performed well.  went right through the ice with plenty of power.

As there was a lot of slush on the ice which made dragging the sled a pain, i was glad for the lighter weight of the auger, another 5-10lbs and the sled would have been sinking into the slush. 

Bonus of not mixing(which i do alot for my chainsaws and weedwackers), is i don't have to make sure i always have 2 cycle oil at the house.  I have gone to use my 2-cycle  machines and realized i on't have any oil to make a mix, or used it all the last time(i'm somewhat forgetful).  With the 4-stroke, i can just pull up to a gas station on the way to the lake and top it off, without having to look for 2-cycle oil to mix with my gas.

oil change is easy, pull oil fill plug, turn auger upside down, empty oil, turn right side up, fill oil, takes < pint

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.