The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: 2/11 2/12  (Read 1143 times)

Offline musky-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
2/11 2/12
« on: Feb 12, 2019, 04:49 PM »
Hit up Cheshire yesterday with pizzamaker. Focused around the islands with with big pondies and some medium shiners. Super slow all day with one decent bass getting iced by pm. I took a solo trip to the bow today. Fished around 7to 10 fow with big pondies.some dead some alive. All steel. Even with the stained water I kept my baits 2 1/2-3ft off bottom resulting in one decent pike right off the batt followed by a few slow hours and then constant flags producing 4, 30 inch range pike in total. It was slippery as hell out there when the snow started flying , hopefully anyone who was out today didnt take a bad spill, can make for a very serious situation really quickly. Howd everyone else do today?

if your not fishing, your not living

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
Re: 2/11 2/12
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:01 PM »
WOW 4 pike day on the Ox Slow is a great day. Congrats
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline flyfish413

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2019, 01:47 PM »
WOW 4 pike day on the Ox Slow is a great day. Congrats

Man you are not kidding. To see 4 pike iced between every group out there would be a good day, let alone 4 by one crew. Nice job!

Offline musky-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2019, 04:04 PM »
Certainly wasnt a typical day at the bow lol but I had a feeling the bite would be on with that nasty weather rolling thro

Offline SkunkLuvver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2019, 08:03 PM »
That’s an unbelievable day for that place. Couple years ago I fished it pretty hard and caught everything except a pike.

Come ice out I bring my GF there in a canoe and she casually tosses out a lip bait and goes tight on the second crank. She gets it close and says “it’s a big pickerel” and I’m sitting there with my head in my hand muttering “no it’s not”.

Still holding bitterness on that one.

She didn’t really know what a pike was or why it was special.

Shoulda had her there for ice season.

Offline musky-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2019, 09:39 PM »
Lol good story skunkluv,  you never kno what your going to get as soon as your line hits the water there. I fished there pretty regularly last 2 season with hardly any pike on the ice. I was using optimal pike bait tho. Took it more seriously this year and havnt been disappointed.

Offline MASS_pike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pay your dues!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2019, 07:09 AM »
I have lived very close to the oxbow for a long time and fish it often.  4 pike in one day is indeed a great outing there, congrats Musky!  While it can mostly be quite slow when pike fishing there, in my years I have experienced a range catching 10 in one day to not even having a single bite in an entire season.  The right bait is key, but even more so is persistance.  I think most regulars here know that about pike fishing :tipup:

Offline Rangerboats391

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2019, 10:20 AM »
that's a amazing day for that place, nic ework ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.